Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

Darius - Barbarian

C5LY646.jpg

Going with Barbarian Darius. I'm still experimenting with shapes and truth be told a lot of the details i will probably be taking out. Orignally I wanted to put as much detail as possible, but i realized a lot of it was just noisy detail and distracted from overall look so i tried to trim down a lot while still having good shapes.

I wanted to try out a maul design on Darius even though he uses an axe by choice, i thought nothing would be more brutal than pushing R and bashing a foes brains in.

WIP:

Z75irek.jpg

Current:
a0oxRPC.jpg

Replies

• vikantsaini
    please help , i also making character , but cannot able to find how to post a wip thread.it showing some error

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    3. my mail id is vikantsaini65@gmail.com
  • Chantel-sky
    Offline / Send Message
    Chantel-sky polycounter lvl 3
    Hate to tell you this but, I don't think you can make Barbarian Darius as those concepts are done by Blizzard.

"Can I use a concept art from a friend or that I found online?
    No. You can only use your own concept or any concept from Riot."
  • Howling Carnage
    Offline / Send Message
    Howling Carnage polycounter lvl 5
    They are using Blizzard's Concept Art as their reference. The concept they are trying to achieve themselves is the "Barbarian Darius." I believe they are fully allowed to do this, so long as they aren't creating exactly what is seen in the images.
  • Siael
    84905-judge-judy-orgasm-gif-evk9.gif

This concept looks great so far! I could totally see this in game. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see final product!:poly142::thumbup::thumbup:
  • Uhni20
    Here's an update of where I am at on this model. I have the rough shapes in that i think i want to go with as well as some quick color studies. Now the detailing begins! =D

Im still not certain if I want to go with the maul idea, simply because its a huge blocky shape. Going to work with it more and try to make it more pleasing. If i go that route, thinking of putting in a spear or something on his belt for his (E) Apprehend. Just a passing thought.

Crits always welcome :)
    lKnaMz3.jpg

LcG58fe.jpg
  • Bishop313
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishop313 polycounter lvl 9
    Yeah i like what your doing here. But to be honest, he realy looks strong similar to the Diablo barbarian. I think its this significant beard. Maybe it works better without it. Focusing on the original face of darius without beard could fix that.
  • Uhni20
    Bishop313: I will look into changing the facial hair, thanks =). Does anyone else think that it looks to blizzardesc?
  • Kraken
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    Uhni20 wrote: »
    Bishop313: I will look into changing the facial hair, thanks =). Does anyone else think that it looks to blizzardesc?
    Agree, looking good so far. But to "diablish")))
  • Skyerzz
    Offline / Send Message
    Skyerzz polycounter lvl 5
    Your work is great. But I do agree that he looks nothing like Darius. I think bringing back his cape and making the shoulders symmetrical will begin to bring Darius back. And maybe just one braided beard from his chin to avoid covering up so much of his face, and keep the hair dark.

Again I like what you are doing, but I've seen a lot of comments by Riot employees telling people that they stray too far from the original key landmarks of the character.
  • Uhni20
    Thanks for the feedback guys, I changed things up a bit to try an have more of the "Darius" look. Here's where I am at.

nn7Jt51.jpg
  • Uhni20
    4JfcLKv.jpg

I still have a lottttt of stuff to do in a little amount of time and frankly im not sure if i can pull it off. I've got most of the geometry blocked in. Still have to do color,uv's,presentation and posing. XD wish me luck :( 8 more days!!! AHH
  • Uhni20
    OKAY! after many hours and a couple all nighters i have the final model. Just got to UV and color :)

a0oxRPC.jpg
  • Uhni20
  • Uhni20
    I thought the metal disc in the middle of the belt looked too "weak" in design, so i went back to a skull on the belt. I also changed the colors to be more contrasted, part of me likes the previous brown leather design better, but i know this has better contrast... I dont know what to do.. =/

vUC7hoX.jpg