Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Amumu The sad mummy

Hi! I'm a student studying game graphics and I have recently started to 3D model and thought that this contest will give me experience and help me with modeling from you guys and girls =)
Ether way... I'm going to model Amumu The Sad Mummy. I don't have much experience with modeling but will try to do my best. And if any of you want to criticize me or give me advice, I would be realy happy =D

Ps. My English is very bad and I often do spelling errors. So please do keep that in mind when I post.

Replies

• Tiabast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9llxeh.jpg

I have now started to model. I started with doing boxes in Autodesk Maya, and modeling them to look like a head and a thorso. I later inported the model to Autodesk Mudbox where I used the default human body as a template for the body shap of amumu. Later I will add finer details and textur the final projekt.
  • Tiabast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today I workt on the model in small amounts. I have currently change the propotions on the feet so that they look like the original model. I even startet to model the hands. I started with a cube and used the transform tool to look like a palm14j6urb.jpg (used my own hand as a tamplate). I later did the same thing to the fingers, where I started with one long rode and used the insert edge loop tool as a guidelin for the joints 2uzxch1.jpg. I later removed the bottem part of the finger and the top part of the palm, and conected the two models together. When I was ok with the size of the finger/palm I duplicated the finger and did the same thing again for the rest of the and, including the thumbx2mat4.jpg. This is all that I was able to do today. But next time i will both add the hand to the model and even textur the model.
  • Tiabast
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Today I finished the model. I had problems with the texturing. When I painted the eyes the lower right arm as painted as well. I tried to change the UV of the arm in different ways. In the end I removed the arms and re-imported them from Maya. This fixed the problem I was having.

After the problem with the UV-texture I started to add a basic layer of green and a dark green for where the shadows was going to be. After this I used a steady paint tool to draw the lines of the bandages. When I was happy with the positions of the bandages I worked with implementing shadows and giving the character eyes. 20upu8w.jpg
    292aadv.jpg
    I wasn’t happy with the end result. I feel that I might have been able to do more with the model and texturing if I had given the project more time. But for what I did I’m glad. I learned a lot more of how to operate Mudbox and also modeling in Maya, and I feel that if a do a project again and give it all my effort it will look dissent.