Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Clinton Ellard

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Cint128 polycounter lvl 6
Hi Everyone, I'm hopefully going to be joining this contest. Been really impressed with the stuff I have seen everyone doing so far. Will post some quick concept sketches soon.

Replies

• Cint128
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok, I have been doing some sketckes to try and come up with a few different concepts.

For the creep den I came up with the idea that a larger creature had died and the creeps had come to ear it and ended up living in the remains of it's skelleton.

Heres my first very quick sketch
    creep_den_concept1.jpg

Here's another slightly clearer sketch. I decided the creeps would need some water if they stayed there so I put a pool with a waterfall out of the skull.

creepden_2.jpg
    Hopefully those images work, please let me know if there not :)
  • Cint128
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also sorry for the large photos, I had to upload them from my mobile and haven't had a chance to re size.

The tower I'm still not sure 100% what to do.

Here are a couple of quick thumbnail sketch ideas.

towers_concept1.jpg
    I liked the idea of a turret that looked like a large gauntlet breaking through the ground, holding a Chrystal that fires the beam. The tower could maybe be made of stone like the large statues you see in fantasy movies and would hint that there was a larger being beneath the earth.

tower_concept2.jpg

The other idea I liked was that the Chrystal that fires the beam has its own gravity and has ripped up the earth towards it and bits or earth are orbiting around it. Then I thought that maybe it had to be tethered to the ground with large chains in order to stop it floating away.

tower_concept3.jpg
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    None of your images show up for me.
  • Cint128
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok hopefully the pictures will show up now?
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    I see them now.
  • Cint128
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok Did some paintovers with the screenshots for the turrets.

The hand one.
    tower1.jpg

and the gravity ripping up the ground one.
    tower2.jpg
    For the one above my friend suggest putting in some glowing red lines to give it a bit more colour.

Any thoughts or preferences towards either one?

Ill try and do a paintover for the creep den next and then start on the models