Home Technical Talk

Spacedraw for Android

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Scalisoft polycounter lvl 3
Spacedraw is a full-featured 3D-modeling software for mobile multitouch-devices (tablets and smartphones)
(see www.scalisoft.com)

Please use this thread to discuss the software, report bugs, suggest features and improvements, and to get help
- Scalisoft will watch this thread and give support.

Replies

• benlem
    Offline / Send Message
    benlem polycounter lvl 4
    Hi scalisoft !
    Thanks for all the good update !
    I enjoy a lot the new modifiers , espacially the inflate on spline !
    Some things bother me altough ...

-When i collapse the inflated spline , i should have a poly ...but it's something else ...
    When i convert to poly before collapsing ...it does a poly but do not retain the curve.

-The patch editing it's not working anymore ...no wireframe preview , weird normals and can't access the handle of vertex ...

-i've noticed a bug with face extrude also ; after extruding , face selection is acting as if it was x-ray mode and also , some edge are selected with the face (for example the face that as been just extruded...)

This bugs apends both on my nexus 7 2013 android 4.4 and on my galaxy tab 10.1 android 4.0.2

Thank you again for all the good work !

Ben
  • Revel
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel interpolator
    Nice! Tried this on my Xperia L running android 4.2, everything seems fine. Haven't create anything heavy yet so can't give any feedback regarding performance for now, but I can see a potential here.

2 things that I'm abit struggle at the moment;
    - the home grid appear to be always on top of an object, even though it's not and similar display behavior also appear on every object's edges (it drawn infront of the shaded face).
    - the rim at the edge of the screen feels abit too thin that sometimes I can't interact with it..probably give user an option to thicken them up a little?

Just played with it for few hours and I liking it so far especially with the ability to set the UI color..to be honest the default color scheme just not my taste hehe :)
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    benlem wrote: »
    -When i collapse the inflated spline , i should have a poly ...but it's something else ...
    When i convert to poly before collapsing ...it does a poly but do not retain the curve.

-The patch editing it's not working anymore ...no wireframe preview , weird normals and can't access the handle of vertex ...

-i've noticed a bug with face extrude also ; after extruding , face selection is acting as if it was x-ray mode and also , some edge are selected with the face (for example the face that as been just extruded...)
    Ben

thanks for the report, all fixed in v. 1.3.0.2, out today!
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Revel wrote: »
    2 things that I'm abit struggle at the moment;
    - the home grid appear to be always on top of an object, even though it's not and similar display behavior also appear on every object's edges (it drawn infront of the shaded face).
    - the rim at the edge of the screen feels abit too thin that sometimes I can't interact with it..probably give user an option to thicken them up a little?

thanks for the report, both fixed in v. 1.3.0.2, out today!
  • benlem
    Offline / Send Message
    benlem polycounter lvl 4
    Everything work fine now ! Thank you :-)
  • mean-afro3d
    Good Updates Keeper comin
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    New: over 1 hour unofficial, commented tutorial videos available!
    thanks to benlemoine75!
  • DL-ZION
    Hey scalisoft, amazing app. But I've been frying my brain trying to find in what scale does the program models...is it in inches, feets or what? I wanna make a map and I wanted to be in a real life scale...any help will be appreciated. Thank you and keep up the grate work.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    DL-ZION wrote: »
    Hey scalisoft, amazing app. But I've been frying my brain trying to find in what scale does the program models...is it in inches, feets or what? I wanna make a map and I wanted to be in a real life scale...any help will be appreciated. Thank you and keep up the grate work.

there's no defined relation of Spacedraw's dimension to real life scale - interpret it as it suits ya!
  • DL-ZION
    I see...so I just use it as whatever measures I want and make every model using the same scale so they will match in proportion...makes sense...thank you for clearing that out.
  • Fumetsujo
    Hi,

THe only thing I would adjust in this great software, is the layout design. It looks kinda retro and chaotic. Otherwise a very complete and great package!

Regards
  • megaDee
    I'm missing basic low poly modeling capabilities where I can create three or four vertices and then create a face between them.

I tried extruding two vertices and then welding them but I wasn't able to create a face between them after I selected the edges.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    @Fumetsujo:
    You're surely right. The complete user interface will soon be revised.

@megaDee:
    A command to create a face between three or four vertices will be added.
    As of yet you can create a face inside any closed edge/line path by selecting edges/lines and then tapping "cover" in the ied.jpg-ribbon (1 or 2 selected edges are usually enough). So to create a face between vertices you just first have to create a line along them (make sure vertex-snap is enabled and the line is closed)
  • dance
    Offline / Send Message
    dance null
    How do you add vertexs, edges, faces to an object?

Like for example you delete a face how do you draw it back?
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    dance wrote: »
    How do you add vertexs, edges, faces to an object?
    There are many ways, see the manual. For example,
    • you can extrude vertices, edges or faces,
    • create lines snapped to vertices or edges of the object with "combine" enabled,
      • this way you can subdivide existing faces, or
      • create closed paths, then cover them with faces, see the answer to megaDee above.
    • combine other primitives / objects
    Like for example you delete a face how do you draw it back?
    if it was an interior face, you select one edge of the gap, then invoke "cover" in the ied.jpg-ribbon.
  • dance
    Offline / Send Message
    dance null
    Awesome... Extrude vertex's to create edges very nice :)
  • Golden Armageddon
    Noobie here. I love this app and enjoy using it. But recently the inflate action keeps encountering an error where the app closes. Pls if anyone know what could cause please help
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Noobie here. I love this app and enjoy using it. But recently the inflate action keeps encountering an error where the app closes. Pls if anyone know what could cause please help

I'm aware there are still problems with inflate. You may send the scene file where you encounter the problem to [email protected] and indicate what action causes the crash - I'll then try to fix the problem.
  • dance
    Offline / Send Message
    dance null
    Any plans for a uv unwrapping tool?
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Any plans for a uv unwrapping tool?

The way to map textures in Spacedraw is to first project them (planar/box/cylindrical/spherical), and then to move UVs as required. I'm aware that is not workable for large textures on complex objects, however, it might be more efficient than you would think at first, since there are sophisticated tools for selecting and moving large sets of UVs at once (see the manual and try!).

The original idea was that this technique should only be needed for quickly applying small, repeatedly tiled textures, and that complex textures should be created with face-by-face mapping of empty bitmaps, than "stamping" textures (see the very end of the manual), manipulating them, and painting directly in the 3d view. While many of the required tools for that are there (see manual), they are not yet stable enough and much too slow, and some essential things are missing. - I'm very confident this will soon be fixed!

Of course a classic UV unwrapping tool would be useful in some situations and will probably be added at some time, but, I'm sorry, first are
    • stability, performance
    • usability, stylus support, interactive help and tutorials
    • complete revision of the painting tools
    • shadows, reflections, fog, particles
    • boolean operations
    • full-featured animation

as stated on Scalisoft's website.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello Scalisoft! I want to know about a rendering problem on my device.

Rendering on my device looks like this:
    2015_05_03_13_18_46.png

And the rendering other devices looks like this:
    2015_05_03_13_21_03.png

What's wrong with my device? Is there anything I can do?

Could you please let me know the type of the device that renders wrong? - I'll than try to adapt Spacedraw to it (the problem is that different GPUs render the same instructions differently in some cases).
  • javlik
    Hello Scalisoft, I have only one problem with this great app: I still cannot find a way to make holes into a model. I know it can be made by the planned boolean operations. So, here is my question: when the version with boolean operations will be released?
    Thank you for your answer and thank you for your great work.
  • javlik
    Hello Scalisoft, I have only one problem with your great app. I still cannot find a way to make holes into models. I am really looking forward to the boolean operations as I believe it will solve my problem. Could you tell us when the version with the boolean operations will be released?
    Thank you for an answer. javlik
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    javlik wrote: »
    Hello Scalisoft, I have only one problem with your great app. I still cannot find a way to make holes into models. I am really looking forward to the boolean operations as I believe it will solve my problem. Could you tell us when the version with the boolean operations will be released?
    Thank you for an answer. javlik

In about 3 to 4 months.
    Sorry for the late answer.
  • benlem
    Offline / Send Message
    benlem polycounter lvl 4
    Scalisoft wrote: »
    In about 3 to 4 months.

Can't Wait :poly142: (Thanks for the info !)
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    hansolocambo polycounter lvl 8
    I've been modeling basically anything without ever using booleans. Maybe you should work on understanding what is a wireframe (shouldn't take long) instead of waiting months for a tool that's faaaar from being necessary no ?
  • benlem
    Offline / Send Message
    benlem polycounter lvl 4
  • javlik
    Hello hansolocambo, thank you for beging interested in my problem. How can a wireframe help me to make holes into an existing model? On the other hand, booleans (and other modifiers) can.
    I am still able to pretty effectively work with Spacedraw but I have to say again that such a function would be really appreciated.
  • bytebandit
    Hello,

Firstly I don't come from a modelling, 3D or CAD background so I don't understand a lot of terminology or concepts. I've been looking for months for an Android app that I can use to explore and model designs for wood turning. Ideally I want something that I can use on both the desktop and the tablet but all the big names that have such an offering have significant issues. Spacedraw doesn't work on the desktop, but I have been able to make it do something on the tablet which puts it leaps and bounds ahead of anything else. So from an outsider, here's some feedback.

1. The interface is terse, painfully terse. It does make sense on such a constrained screen I admit but some means of accessing tooltips would be useful. As I have a Note (10.1, 2014) it could offer tooltips when I hover over a command.

2. Needs feedback that operations have completed. Some operations seem to take several seconds but there is no indication whatsoever that it has finished leaving you to stab at the interface wondering whether you missed or it's busy still.

3. Needs to export to more file formats. I don't know what industry formats there are but if I wanted to put a model on a website I would need a JPG/PNG etc.

4. The online manual seems incomplete and quite brisk. The 4 hoop icons, I can't find an explanation of what they are. I don't expect you teach basic 3D modelling, but you seem to be aiming the manual at people who probably don't need to read it in the first place. I did the quickstart and at two points it bore no relation to the screen, as if steps were missing or huge assumptions had been made.

5. It's never quite clear how to dismiss things, sometimes you can press anywhere to dismiss and other times you can't. Getting rid of the material and colour boxes fox me in particular. 

6. Undo/Redo - one of the most confusing aspects of the program, not helped by the time it takes to undo anything. Sometimes I have undone over 100 steps with a swipe and other times I can't undo at all with seemingly the same swipe. I can't figure out why the list of step appears and sometimes it doesn't. This must be the only program in the world that doesn't have undo/redo on the menu!

7. I can't make sense of the lighting and there are bugs. If I switch from default lighting to scene lighting, mess around, give up and delete the light my object texture (wood2) goes berserk, kaleidoscope of colours, and I need to turn textures on and off and lighting back to defaults to recover.

I think this is a program with huge potential as it actually works and is generally quite quick, it seems to only sip the battery which is astonishing. I am doing my best to use it, with some success, but the weird undo is probably my biggest obstacle right now. I'd really like to see a desktop version with cloud sync, I'd happily pay for it (I'll happily pay for just the Android version too), and you desperately need better documentation if you want to appeal to a wider audience.

I look forward to future updates.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for your feedback!

1. The interface is terse, painfully terse. It does make sense on such a constrained screen I admit but some means of accessing tooltips would be useful. As I have a Note (10.1, 2014) it could offer tooltips when I hover over a command.

Tooltips will be added, with support for pen hover.

2. Needs feedback that operations have completed. Some operations seem to take several seconds but there is no indication whatsoever that it has finished leaving you to stab at the interface wondering whether you missed or it's busy still.

Yep, will be done.

3. Needs to export to more file formats. I don't know what industry formats there are but if I wanted to put a model on a website I would need a JPG/PNG etc.

There'll be Collada and Blender export, and rendering to JPG/PNG.

4. The online manual seems incomplete and quite brisk. The 4 hoop icons, I can't find an explanation of what they are. I don't expect you teach basic 3D modelling, but you seem to be aiming the manual at people who probably don't need to read it in the first place. I did the quickstart and at two points it bore no relation to the screen, as if steps were missing or huge assumptions had been made.

I thought the manual is quite complete. What icons do you mean? Please let me know the problems with the quickstart tutorials, I'll fix them.

5. It's never quite clear how to dismiss things, sometimes you can press anywhere to dismiss and other times you can't. Getting rid of the material and colour boxes fox me in particular. 

Right, will be improved.

6. Undo/Redo - one of the most confusing aspects of the program, not helped by the time it takes to undo anything. Sometimes I have undone over 100 steps with a swipe and other times I can't undo at all with seemingly the same swipe. I can't figure out why the list of step appears and sometimes it doesn't. This must be the only program in the world that doesn't have undo/redo on the menu!

There are some small bugs left with undo, but apart from that I think the concept is quite the best possible for touchscreen devices. See the manual: 

• to undo the last action, slide into the screen from right over the undo-rim, the green line at the top right border, or tap close besides the line
    • to show the history-list, slide leftwards into the screen over the undo-rim further, until the list is displayed; the currently loaded state is indicated in green; you can now scroll, zoom or resize the list
    7. I can't make sense of the lighting and there are bugs. If I switch from default lighting to scene lighting, mess around, give up and delete the light my object texture (wood2) goes berserk, kaleidoscope of colours, and I need to turn textures on and off and lighting back to defaults to recover.

These bugs will be fixed.

Big updates in about a month!

• bytebandit
    Thanks for the quick reply, apologies for my somewhat slower reply!

4. The hoop icons. I haven't been through the manual exhaustively, but where the hoops are mentioned there is no link to what they are, in fact the same is true for all the icons in the manual. I have since found where the hoops are described (snapping). I will try and go through the quickstart again soon.

6. I got the hand of undo/redo now and as I said in my Play store review, your use of screen areas is quite impressive. 

I've spent some more time with it and I just love it. I've discovered the copy tool and had a lot of fun with that and made myself a freaky flower. But I think I found a problem with the materials. Below is a link to a screen grab and I've marked where there is something strange happening, it's much more obvious when you rotate the flower, spa file also linked. 

spa file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewz2ao9mfuateke/flower.spa?dl=0
    Screengrab: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vaejxx1pdnxmok0/tempFileForShare.jpg?dl=0

It might be a side effect of the rather torturous route I took to make this, but I learned a lot.
  • bytebandit
    Found more issues, or my stupidity, don't know which.

I had a go at creating a "car". When I put the windscreen in it rendered everything "through" it transparent. The body is a box on to which I placed a rectangle with a grid/mesh texture. I can see through the grid, but I can also see through the bottom of the box to the white rectangle below. I cannot see through the bottom of the box through the "window" to the red rectangle above, which is as expected. 

I've noticed odd clipping also. Open the spa file below and move and zoom around. The home grid is being cut off half way up the screen, this is only started when I added the white and red rectangles. If I remove them I can zoom in and move around the car without clipping.

Screengrab with clipping: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj5fx1jx8sey6o9/Screenshots_2015-11-11-19-53-13.png?dl=0
    Screengrab w/o clipping: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3361uoilgbrhjr/Screenshots_2015-11-11-20-00-19.png?dl=0
    spa file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/d8xoaosgr5zq258/car.spa?dl=0

Sorry if I'm just being total noob.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry for my late reply!
    4. The hoop icons. I haven't been through the manual exhaustively, but where the hoops are mentioned there is no link to what they are, in fact the same is true for all the icons in the manual. I have since found where the hoops are described (snapping). I will try and go through the quickstart again soon.

Now I know what you mean - they're magnets, a quite common sign in CAD programs for snapping. But your're right, I should add an Icon- and abbreviation-index to the manual.

I've spent some more time with it and I just love it. I've discovered the copy tool and had a lot of fun with that and made myself a freaky flower. But I think I found a problem with the materials. Below is a link to a screen grab and I've marked where there is something strange happening, it's much more obvious when you rotate the flower, spa file also linked. 

The problem here is the exact overlapping of the faces - OpenGl sometimes/somewhere renders the one face in front and then the other. To avoid this you have to move one face very slightly up or down, that means every second copied object in your case.

Found more issues, or my stupidity, don't know which.

I had a go at creating a "car". When I put the windscreen in it rendered everything "through" it transparent. The body is a box on to which I placed a rectangle with a grid/mesh texture. I can see through the grid, but I can also see through the bottom of the box to the white rectangle below. I cannot see through the bottom of the box through the "window" to the red rectangle above, which is as expected. 

I've noticed odd clipping also. Open the spa file below and move and zoom around. The home grid is being cut off half way up the screen, this is only started when I added the white and red rectangles. If I remove them I can zoom in and move around the car without clipping.

Here the problem is that you zoomed out too much (far below 0.1): The problem again is due to OpenGl, which only renders objects between a near and far "clipping plane". You just have to zoom in up to ca. 1x, and then dolly back (pan-strip on the right) until you have everything in view again. Or just use default view from the V-menu.

• gooberglacier
    Offline / Send Message
    gooberglacier polycounter lvl 2
    Message deleted. Problem solved. Thanks for making such a brilliant android app. Looking forward to the next update.
  • Daingerbydesign
    Offline / Send Message
    Daingerbydesign polycounter lvl 6
    Hello, first of all, thanks for making the best Modeling app for mobile so far. I find that there a couple of things that would elevate Spacedraw to the next level. First, topology mirroring feature is what this app is really missing. I understand it can be done in a roundabout kind of way, but here's what I'm talking about: the ability to mirror an object through an axis while keeping the original (like an instance), but optionally weld the vertices facing each other across the axis so that they become the center of one object and not be able to move apart (away from each other) but still be able to move up/down and back/forward. Just like mirroring an instance, except the center vertices cannot be moved away from eachother after they are brought together in the center. Of course this would also require a way to finalize the mirror so that it can be moved away from the center axis and retain its shape later. Another thing that would personally help me out is a better way to do basic transforms. In addition to the axis selection shown in the viewport ( I have a hard time selecting the right axis sometimes), a way to select the axis on the left side would be nice. That way there is no chance of accidentally deselecting or choosing the wrong axis. For example, a box for each axis instead of one giant box on the left. Personally, I find no use for the free move option, because it pulls the model apart when I'm trying to keep something mirrored in the center. (the mirror feature mentioned above would fix this too) Thanks for reading! 
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    @Daingerbydesign: Thanks for your suggestions!
    I've such a mirror feature on my todo list already - expect it in 1-2 months.
    I'll think about how to make the axis selection easier, but I think buttons on the left would clutter the interface too much, at least on phones.

• Daingerbydesign
    Offline / Send Message
    Not buttons per se, but when a transform is invoked, divide the box on the left into x y and z, is what i meant. 

• Daingerbydesign
    Offline / Send Message
    I have two suggestions for axis selection besides buttons. 1, divide the left box into 3, theyd still be larger than the zoom boxes on the bottom, or 2, tap the left box to switch axes, not sure if that does anything already. Sorry if i seem pushy, but i cant seem to always grab an axis without deselecting, and i have a huge-screened note4. Looking forward to the next release!
  • Tun Myat
    Offline / Send Message
    Tun Myat polycounter lvl 4
    Hello, scalisoft,
     I did some model smaller then 1000 vertex with free version.
     But, I still can't map a texture to multiple faces. When I selected an image to use as texture, it was repeated more then 3. I want to know the ways to map an image as a texture.
     And, Where can I share model I made?... Thank You.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    I have two suggestions for axis selection besides buttons. 1, divide the left box into 3, theyd still be larger than the zoom boxes on the bottom, or 2, tap the left box to switch axes, not sure if that does anything already. Sorry if i seem pushy, but i cant seem to always grab an axis without deselecting, and i have a huge-screened note4. Looking forward to the next release!
    Sorry for the late answer! Thanks for the design idea - I'll consider it.

You know you can enlarge the tripod in the preferences? - It should then really be no problem to select an axis.
    I noticed there is a bug with the axis selection, I think you have to tap the end of the axes-lines, I'll change that so you can tap the axis-line anywhere.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message

Tun Myat said:
    Hello, scalisoft,
     I did some model smaller then 1000 vertex with free version.
     But, I still can't map a texture to multiple faces. When I selected an image to use as texture, it was repeated more then 3. I want to know the ways to map an image as a texture.
     And, Where can I share model I made?... Thank You.
    You have to chose the right projection (any other than "per face", and then adjust the "scale" so the texture is not repeated.
    See the manual (http://www.scalisoft.com/Creating, changing and assigning materials.htm)!

You can share your model here: http://polycount.com/discussion/106465/first-full-featured-3d-modeling-software-for-android-tablets/p3
  • Liamvk
    hi,

i encountered a problem with the application. when i follow the quick start tutorial, the app closes when i tap collapse. :neutral:
    otherwise i really like the app.
  • Scalisoft
    Offline / Send Message
    Liamvk said:
    hi,

i encountered a problem with the application. when i follow the quick start tutorial, the app closes when i tap collapse. :neutral:
    otherwise i really like the app.

Thanks for your message, and sorry for the bug. There were two things wrong, actually: Confusingly, there are two commands named collapse in the menu: The first, which is always there in the modify-ribbon is to simplify the mesh. The second, that appears when a modifier is active is to change the modifier to a normal mesh to make the elements editable.

You must have invoked the first collapse, I've now fixed the bug that caused the crashing (update should be available the next hours). For the tutorial, you have to use the second collapse.

I'll soon revise the whole UI and resolve the problem with the two collapse commands.

• Zaitsev9797
    hello! I have a question. Is Lighting improvments in your plans? Now I dont meen shadows or reflections, there is a lot of coments about shadows on google play I have seen. I meen lighting quality of point lights for the first.

1) I know that now it's only per vertex lighting in spacedraw. Will the pixel lighting added? Now I must sub-sub-sub..... subdiwide the objects to make nice result (look to attached screenshots). It will be add more capabilities in drawing compositions and making beatuful scenes if you will add per-vertex lighting.

2) Specular isn't true if light is situated in a border of the screen. I will add the screenshots to explane what I mean

3) Light intensity isn't true too. If I create a textured plane for example, I can't make it realy brightly. Bright areas on objects are clamped. I wil add the screenshots to explane what I mean  again )

looks fine. clamping absolutely white color.

but if I choose dark texture it will clamp gray color. It's must to bee brither then on this picture
    and also I have one qustion about UI. I can try to help you with UI. May bee you need some sketches of UI and icons or anything also? I can try to draw something in photoshop. I realy want to help you with this project.

Another question - is the offitial site is updating? It still shows 1.3.0.5 last wersion of SD

and the last thing. I dont know is it a bug or a feature, but now text isn't readeble (you can see it on the screenshots). Problem was come with last SD update. I have the same result on mali400, adreno 305 and tegra4 GPU-s

And offcource - sory for my english if it's bad)) I'm from Russia. If you don't understand anything in my message, please let my know int.

• gooberglacier
    Offline / Send Message
    gooberglacier polycounter lvl 2
    Feature requests:

Spin Edge, Relax Loop, Flow Connect, PolyDraw, and any other feature, not already in Spacedraw, you think is possible from the old 3dsmax Polyboost plugin as seen here:

http://www.polyboost.com/features_modelling.htm
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Zaitsev9797 Sure the lighting is only vertex color. But I personaly managed to get somehow nice results by texturing things (by painting lit areas, the Spacedraw lights will seem to have a better impact on already bright pixels) and playing with the lights. Without the BPR option, Spacedraw's display is like a light version of Sketchfab, but still really good. 
    You're right saying that subdividing like crazy in Spacedraw makes the lights look more efficient, exactly as subdividing in ZBrush makes Polypaint more defined. But with a well thought light division, a texture and a bit of (eventually) manual vertex coloring, you can get proper atmospheric results on a scene with few polys. Check the quick scene I just did to illustrate that. 
    http://mcassar.free.fr/spacedraw/Tutos/LowPolyVertexColor.spah
    On a bigger scene with a few thousand polys and well thought lights position + manual vertex color + painted textures, you can do some great looking PS2 graphics using only Spacedraw and Artflow (for example)

[quote="Zaitsev9797"]and the last thing. I dont know is it a bug or a feature, but now text isn't readeble (you can see it on the screenshots). Problem was come with last SD update. I have the same result on mali400, adreno 305 and tegra4 GPU-s [/quote]
    I never had such an issue until : right now ! I was working on the scene above, Spacedraw crashed. I restarted it (you loose eventually the last few clics maximum, crashes are really not an issue with Spacedraw which is great. Undos are kept) and the text displayed wrong. Weird. But all is fine again now ...
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    What I like to do now is a low poly in Spacedraw (The grey book in the top left of the image thereafter). Then a sculpt and polypaint in ZBrush. You can get nice results !
    I uploaded the mesh of the book here if anyone's interested :
    http://mcassar.free.fr/ZBrush/Book-Spacedraw-Hansolocambo.obj

model

• hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    This one for example was also modeled in Spacedraw (grey low poly on the top left, here a screenshot of it from ZBrush). And you can see the mid poly sculpted version of it after a ZBrush sculpt, polypaint and retopo. Spacedraw is definitely far good enough to be part of a professional workflow. In my opinion, the Ref.cs, or pivot point, is one of the most powerful around and makes modeling way faster than other pro apps on PC that don't have anything like that. 3DS Max for example totally lacks this kind of control on the pivot point on sub-object level and no plugin fixes the issue. And Maya can now do the same : place and rotate freely the pivot point of ANY selection, but it's from a Maya 2016 update only ! .... Yep, Spacedraw is : GOOD ;) !
  • hansolocambo
    Offline / Send Message
    Some oldies that I made only with spacedraw and PSTouch / Artflow. You might have seen them around already but here are some Sketchfab versions of the screenshots I was posting a while ago.
    Like any good 3D Soft, Spacedraw is deep, complex. And confusing at first. But it is worth persevering. Thanks Scalisoft for your talented coding !
    https://sketchfab.com/models/50c9695019c24aa9aaa8653cecfc0d08
    https://sketchfab.com/models/583037451cd54fcaa4f842f00eb09bb5
    https://sketchfab.com/models/7a46194e14144ea4a49f6819016f04e5
    https://sketchfab.com/models/70b049103b0349ff92bd49d0301f278c
    Choose Settings / Navigation / First Person for the last link. To navigate, use the mouse + keyboard arrows. 
    https://sketchfab.com/models/9b5528dbcd6c4530917e947256391c6c
  • dance
    Offline / Send Message
    dance null
    Hi,

Texture Problem: 

When I apply a texture to one object the other object also gets same texture applied. 

It might just be my lack of not knowing the correct settings any suggestions?