Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: [Bug] Suite can't identify color and bluring mask

PetSto
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
PetSto polycounter lvl 4
Hi again,

I have 2 problems. First is problem with ID map colors, Suite dont identify colors if are too thin ( if you ask if I have some antialiasing on edges, then answers is no, all edges are hard). If I want from Suite that identify all colors from ID color map, I must just simply add biggest surface on map, as you can see in first image, I add 2 simple circles with this missing colors, and whoala now ID color map has 16 colors and no 14 when I dont add these 2 circles.

Second problem is edges bleeding in color mask, I have hard edges on my ID color map, then there is no transition between colors, and for Suite can be problem find areas with pure colors.

Dont change post to solved, when problem still persist, if you dont trust me, then just download last 2 images from attachement, and just simply add in the input slot for Color ID Map and you will se.

Thank you.

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you PetSto! I now understand the issue fully, and will try to have a fix for this ASAP. DDO assumes that such small pixel amounts are anti-aliasing jitter and disregards those pixels to avoid creating superfluous masks. I'll do my best to tweak the algorithm to avoid loss of actual color islands in cases like the one you have reported.

- Teddy