Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Edge Wear Is Not Happening Around UV Edges...?

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
DarkEdge polycounter lvl 10
So I am using 1.7 and I have black for my background color for the ID color map but the edge wear is not appearing around my UV seams (??)

Replies

• Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hi DarkEdge, i think i need a little bit more information about your project!

Has the suite worked for you before, did this start happening with the 1.7 upgrade?

what input maps are you feeding in to the suite?
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Eric, thanks for replying.
    Yes it worked before the 1.7 update and now it isn't. The background to the color id map is black. I am feeding mesh, normal, ambient occlusion, color id and tangent space.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Im still a little confused (Sorry) but do you want edge wear in your uv-seams? in that case the ID-Color cant be all one color. Or do you want wear on the mesh edges? Sorry for the confusion :)
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I want on edge wear on the UV seams. :)
    Here's my color map. Like I said the edge wear worked perfectly in 1.6 with this map and now isn't in 1.7 I am using PS CS6.

Is it possible I could get a download link for 1.6 please?
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi DarkEdge,

Thanks for the attachment! As of 1.7 DDO will use the black background of a color map to find UV seams, and then proceeds to eliminate those automatically. In the official build there will be a checkbox for this behavior, but for now simply make the background another color (say grey or white) and you will have seams around your edges :)

- Teddy
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Teddy for explaining. Sorry to bring it up but it still isn't working. I surrounded a group of uv islands with white and the edge wear still is not happening automatically.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks DarkEdge,

To clarify, is this a bug report or a feature request? In order to get edge wear around UV seams you will need to set up the Dynamasks specifically for this. If you are indeed requesting a feature I can add it to the feature backlog if you wish?

Sorry for the confusion.

- Teddy
  • DarkEdge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Teddy,
    I think it would be a great add-on to select or unselect, if it was as easy as dictating the background color that would make it even easier.
    Usually I (and I would think a lot of people) make my uv seams where natural clothing seams would be. Possible being able to choose between 2 different methods, like rough edge wear (leather) or smooth edge wear (jeans) would be fantastic.
    I know I can always paint them in but I think it would be great if it were incorporated.