Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest]- Skarner the Crystal Vanguard

Hey heys! Decided I'd take part in this competition, mostly for the feedback since I find this incredibly valuable as a student.
As a League of Legends player it took a lot of time deciding what champion to pick but I think I finally chosen my favourite who I think is a little underappreciated.

Skarner_0.jpg
Skar-Skar-Skarner!

Just getting some ideas so far, deciding to take Skarner into a more serious, threatening route than what he currently looks like now. It seems that Skarner is related to Shurima as well, so I want to experiment with some of the egyption feeling the desert has. Not going to stray to far away from his orignal design however, just so he is still recognizable.

fa2aac272e.jpg

And heres a rough concept so far. Skarner is a tough but fast champion, so keeping him sturdy and mostly streamlined should do the trick.
dc4c2973bb.jpg

Note: I updated my inspiration board, going to interpret more of the egyption theme into the final concept.

So just blocking out a low poly model. I am deciding to not make a high poly model for this, going to focus on the textures and basic form instead. I feel like I'd be losing a lot of detail if I were to do a high poly sculpt.
Also some silhouettes to check how readable the figure is.

e5c4333c43.jpg
Ack, those polygons though.

Next goal: Go back over the concept art and come up with more ideas to play around with.

So yeah, what do you guys think so far? Still a long way to go mind you, cant wait to hand paint me some textures.