Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Issues with Smart Materials and ID Maps

Uh, I don't even know how to describe this. I'm currently trying to make textures for UE4 using ID, Normal and AO maps for a couple human characters.

The issue? I create several links using the ID maps, but only about 5 of them get actually generated after all the processing.

The other issue is, since I can't seem to generate all maps at once, I manually create/generate them after the initial process. But the Smart Materials I try to create aren't being generated properly (I think), since I'm getting very odd results.

I'm using the Suite's Trial Version (updated to the 1.7 preview), Maya and Photoshop CS6.

Here's what's happening:
First, I link every different material in the Links tab.
2m7t9oh.png

This is the result after I hit "Create Base"
Notice how the materials for "Iris", "Lips" and "Eye Ball" weren't created at all, they're just plain grey, like the background.
2d855k8.png

And this is after I scrapped the yellow-ish odd Skin that was generated at first. I created another Smart Material ("Skin"), but it just looks the same. Some of the other Skin Smart Materials are working fine (like.. uhh... Green Alien), but the ones applicable to my character aren't (Tried Skin and Rich Orc Skin, both resulting is "incomplete" textures).
5dkqqx.png

Is this on my end? The first issue, where only a few of the linked materials are created is way more notorious on my other character, which has a higher number of different materials assigned to him.
Is this something I can fix?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Nedd for the very detailed report and the reproduction steps. This greatly helps us debug this issue.

It seems you are doing everything right, by the book. It definitely appears to be a bug that your organic Smart Materials are not generated correctly. As for the automatic generation, I should however note some materials are still missing -- in particular materials pertaining to the "Human" category. Really sorry about the confusion this has caused you!

We'll do our best to reproduce the organic Smart Material issue and have this fixed for 1.7.

Thanks again Nedd,

- Teddy
  • Nedd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Teddy, thanks for the reply! That's good to know, I was worried it was something on my end, like low processing power or whatever.

I'll keep an eye out for the fixes, and looking forward to release!

Have a good one!