Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Quixel Crash (PS CC 2014)

Replies

• pixeldamage
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixeldamage polycounter lvl 14
    Hi Eric thanks for the reply and some info about your base machine. Do you have any specs for what HW in particular benefits dDo? Multiple Core speed/single core speed etc etc?

"as for "- set all relevant folders to Read-Only" I would not recommend this! " - actually what I meant was they're on Read-Only by default. I enabled writing as someone suggested but it didn't help.

As for your other suggestions, I've tried everything else suggested in your list. I've tried both on SSD C drive and spinning D drive (PS and Quixel). I have 40GB free of space on C drive which should be enough right? right!? It doesn't seem to be much fuller at the time of crashes.

I'd already set undos to 1 and deleted/installed 4/5 versions of Photoshop and reset prefs.

There are non alpha-numerics in my paths.

Every EXE in Quixel's sub folders are set to Admin as well as PS

I found a workaround (albeit frustrating) where I set the work resolution to 50% prior to creating the project. That seems to stop the unsharp mask and unsupported PS errors.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Piexeldamage its basically the same hardware that would make PS faster.

CPU - single core is OK, 2.5-3.5 Ghz
    RAM - 16-32 GB for 8K+ -project, 8GB is enough for för 4K- projekt
    SSD - As scratchdisk/PS installation disk.

Graphics card does not matter that much for 1.8, but the next version a GTX 600+ should suffice.

I have a suggestion on how to fix this issue, I will PM you the details!
  • vmrnv
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If you find a solution, it would be great if you post it here!
  • r@m
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r@m polycounter lvl 3
    Are these issues going to be addressed in Quixel 2 ? , I gave up on the 1.8 demo due to consistent crashes...so disappointing.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Hey R@M! Yes, the issues reported here have been fixed long ago in the beta. :smile: Look forward to Suite 2, it's going to be something special!
  • Annemalou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

I have a super important assignment coming un next week and I really need quixel 2 to do it so I installed it on my stationary computer. The thing is that I can't create a new project, im only able to import a project and when I try to create a project this shows up. Also, when I open 3DO my model insn't there and the page is empty. Please, help !
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Sorry about the trouble, Anne! Please refer to our FAQ regarding this issue:

This error occurs in versions earlier than 2.04. There are two ways of resolving this:

1 - Update to the latest version (which would prompt to install VC Redistributable 2015 (x64))

2 - Manually install VC Redistributable 2015 (x64) version from the following website: https://www.microsoft.com/en-pk/download/details.aspx?id=48145

• Annemalou
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Annemalou said:
    I installed manually VC redistributable 2015 but It didn't help :/

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Are you using the latest version of the SUITE? As the FAQ mentions, it's not just the VC redistributable - it's also due to using versions of the SUITE that date prior to 2.0.4. :smile: