Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Quixel Suite 1.7 Preview bleed borders in ID Map

PetSto
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
PetSto polycounter lvl 4
Hi, in Quixel Suite v1.6 works ID Color Map fine, but in 1.7 preview version I have problem with this map, because from my ID Color map (png image file, it's image 04), which has hard edges (without edges bleed) Quixel Suite create in Photoshop psd file from this image and create layers with colors which find from inputs Color ID Map and mask them , but on some some mask with this colors create borders bleed.

Image 01 - How it looks in DDO - Albedo Map
Image 02 - How it looks in Photoshop ID Color Map Generated by Quixel Suite
Image 03 - How looks imported ID Color Map (Only hard edges)

And another bug, when I want create mask form Color ID Mask I choose color, then submit my choice and again submit and nothing is changed (no mask is created). I must again click on Layer Mask a again click on submit button. Then is refreshed small square mask icon and mask is finaly applied.

And one more question for new feature in v1.7, how right delete custom layer mask? Can simply click in Photoshop window Layers on layer and delete, or I must in DDO click on new Erase button and clear all map with brush and then submit cleared layer, because when I simply delete layer in window layers then in Custom Mask folder have this mask file still there and ddo dont delete him.

UPDATE:
I play around and found another bug, v1.7 has problem identify color, for him is orange color same as red. Check image 04. You can test if you open DDO and add this file to Color ID Map and then click on Links, numbers colors ehich find DDO is correct but colors are incorrect or shared.

Replies

• PetSto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PetSto polycounter lvl 4
    Eric or Teddy I need you :) can you confirm this bugs or I doing something wrong or has something corrupted in my DDO.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi PetSto!

Thanks for the reports and questions! It is actually recommended that you use Anti-Aliasing (with lots of sampling) when baking out your color map. This will produce a much nicer separation and will minimize the "bleed" you are experiencing.

As for mask deletion, this is actually a missing feature (will try to get this in for 1.7!) -- for now, go into the mask, and press the preset that looks like a big white square; this will reset the mask.

- Teddy
  • PetSto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PetSto polycounter lvl 4
    Hi Teddy,

thank you for answers, but one more (bug ?) left, I dont know why, but Suite can't find/discern all colors from input color ID map. As you can see on image, I have 16 colors on my ID color map, but Suite find only 14 ! I choose 15 color from Suite Custom Color Pallete and last is pure Black as background. And one last thing, I reinstall Photoshop, Suite and test in version 1.6 and have same issue. I send you my ID color Map 2k with hard edges.