Home Quixel Megascans

IN PROGRESS: Tutorials for Quixel Suite

Seijiro
null
Offline / Send Message
Seijiro null
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering if there are any good tutorials for the Quixel suite out there, I have checked out the wiki but as good as it is to get going with it, it kinda lacks in some areas.
For instance I have a problem with masks and been scouring the Internet for tutorials or similar in that department but they all talk about the DynaMask and it's presets.

My problem here is, is there a way to transfer the mask from the layers into dDo's DynaMask area? I've noticed that the Smart Materials takes effect even when you completely mask out areas in the layers. But in the actual dDO window there isn't a mask which I believe is the reason.
Here's a few pictures: http://imgur.com/JteJJNG,LJWMJqX#0

The first image shows the areas I want to have the gray metal places with specular, while the rest of the door (yellow portions) shouldn't be affected. The second image shows my mask and I want to transfer it into the dDo window where the arrow points at.
I have not found a way to manually paint DynaMask except for Photoshops layer mask area.

Another thing which would be cool is have a showcase of how the masks and more technical stuff works underneath the hood. I see that a whole lot of cool stuff is going on, but aside from just diving in changing things and playing around seeing the effects, it's a bit tricky to know what exactly what will happen.

Replies