Home Quixel Megascans

ID Map Swatches for Max

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Psyber polycounter lvl 8
Hi Teddy,

Love the Suite. Still trying to figure out the best work flow pipeline and I ran into a little issue.

First of all, thank you for including the new swatch.fbx file. I'm a 3ds max user so I opened it up and made a multi-sub material to use bake out my ID maps.
Here's a link to the material library for those that want to try it out. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65215998/dDo.mat (*has two materials. New and Legacy version)

So, here's my issue. When I went to check if the ID Link Editor had populated with the new materials, they were all still undefined. Well, luckily I found your "advanced options" in the upper right drop-down and checked off the Find Closest ID Match. This sorta helped, but some of the ID aren't what they are supposed to be. For instance, cobalt ended up becoming iron and silicone turned into nylon and brass turned into bronze, just to name a few. Some of them worked, like Anodized and Plexi Glass, but it would be great if all of them worked.

Is there an .xml file I can load with the default ID presets. When I click on Load ID preset..., it brings me to my Roaming folder>Quixel SUITE>presets>ID Customs. Which is empty. I know this is where my personal Color IDs would live, but is there a Default one hidden somewhere? I remember using Standard Max Reflectance in the legacy version of dDo.

Am I doing something wrong? I assume that the Material Manager for Maya works, but I haven't checked it out yet. I'm sure us Max users would love to get a work flow for such an important step in the process. Being able to customize the IDs is great, but also having a default set would be super useful.

I'm using the Render to Texture option in Max to bake out my Color Map. Perhaps it has to do with a gamma setting or something. I don't have Gamma/LUT correction enabled and I changed my Gray working space in Photoshop to Gamma 2.2 as recommended. RGB is set to sRGB.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Gabriel