Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Quixel Suite Crash

The suite works fine in Photoshop CS6, but in Photoshop CC I get this message and error.

Capture2.pngCapture4.png

Replies

• AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello, my problem was never really fixed with any Ddo update.

I made a complete uninstall of any verion of photoshop, used the adobe cleanup utility and got rid of any preferences, uninstalled the quixel suite too; re-downloaded the Suite v1.8 from the website and reinstalled Photoshop cc 2014.

It occurs when creating new projects or loading existing ones, even the sample projects. I did notice the error report cahnged a bit though.

I only see this printer error when trying to use the suite, any ideas? I dont even have a printer :(

Capture2.png
    z4CucH8.png
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    This is weird, the only time i got an error like this is when i tried to use version 1.8. I upgraded, and theSuite Would crash. If you're using 1.8 ou might try going to 1.7 and seeing if that helps.
  • AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sure, I can downgrade, but I'd hate to stay stuck on a previous version as new ones with new features come out, just because the actual problem was never really addressed D:

Maybe its not even the suite, maybe its photoshop's fault, but I just don't know how to figure it out.
  • AlphaMix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I tried a number of other things, when I finally tried the simplest one. On the printer error, the one that pops up before the suite crashes, I checked the box that says "Don't show again".

Happily enough, the suite doesn't crash after I click cancel on the error message. The suite might still crash later, but for now, I can at open or create projects and start adding smart materials :)

The second I reset my warning dialogs and the photoshop error is allowed to pop up, the suite will crash again.

Using Photoshop cc 2014
  • pmiller001
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pmiller001 greentooth
    haha wow, Its always the simplest solutions isnt it? Please keep us updated as to if it crashes again :)
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

Well that was certainly an easy fix.. A big big thanks for reporting this! It´s invaluable information when finding these bugs! Glad you can work as intended now :)