Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: DDO layers menu not displaying properly

Swan
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Swan polycounter lvl 3
Download 1.6 a few days ago. Everything worked fine while I was messing around and leaning the plug-in. Today when I went to start new project the layers display in ddo stoped functioning properly. The only way to select layers now is to click on them in PS, none of the ddo layer navigation is functioning. Tried updating to 1.7 and un/reinstalled a few times. Deleted all the quixel directories in %appdata% and %programdata% but had no luck fixing the issue. Any Ideas?

Update: DDO also won't lunch the color picker when the color swatch is clicked.

Tired wiping all PS preferences but that also didn't fix the issue. (using PS 14.2.1)

PC6Mhw9.jpg

Replies

• Swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swan polycounter lvl 3
    Was my explanation poor? I'll try and be more clear.

Lunch DDO; open a project or start a new one, It happens ether way.

DDO's layer menu will be empty.

DDO cannot "see" any layer or group that is in the root of the layer hierarchy

Clicking on a layer/group in the Photoshop layer panel that is already in a group will revel the layers of it's group in DDO.

If you return to a "root layer/ group" ether by clicking back or all in DDO, the last group's layers will remain displayed in DDO instead of it switching to groups/layers higher up the layer hierarchy.

UKABU6z.jpg

other issues:
    Clicking on the color swatches of any layer in DDO will not bring up the color picker.

PS's close button stops working after exiting the Suite. Closing PS before the suite makes the suite crash, so ether way you have to go into the task manger and shut something down.

Also not sure if PS is supposed to act this way when the Suite is running or if it's a bug, but I can't open or make new images when DDO is running.

I went as far as reformatting my computer, but the issues still precisest.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Swan,

Your explanation is quite clear, my apologies for the late reply (been swamped). I am stumped as to what might be causing this for you. I'm wondering if there might be some real-time protection system blocking certain parts of DDO (since you also cannot use the color picker, which is the first time this has been reported). Could you try to disable any anti-virus applications and let me know if this helps in any way? Looking forward to solving this strange issue.

Thanks,
    - Teddy
  • Swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swan polycounter lvl 3
    No dice. I'll try installing PS and the suite immediately after installing windows. Then keep checking on the suite's functionality as more software installs and windows tweaks are preformed.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you Swan. Very much appreciated. Really sorry for the hassle :/

- Teddy
  • Swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swan polycounter lvl 3
    Fixed the issue! Turns one of windows services that ddo relies on was disabled. Unfortunately I wasn't able to pin down which service it was. I ended up copying "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services" registry form the newer install of windows and applied into the old one. Thanks for the help and this fantastic plugin!
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Awesome! Impressed you were able to track this down. Thank you for sharing your solution!

- Teddy
  • Swan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Swan polycounter lvl 3
    Alright last time I bump this. Figured out which service was causing the problem. "Print Spooler" must be set to start automatically. So for future googlers with this problem do the following.

Using windows seven but it should be the same for XP-8.1

ether in the start menu search bar or run window type "services.msc"

Find "Printer Spooler" right click ->Properties

Change "Startup type" to Automatic and click apply.

Reboot, and you should be good to go.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Printer Spooler... wow. Fantastic catch Swan. Not in my wildest dreams could I have expected that to have an effect on the SUITE. Mind = blown.

Huge thanks for sharing your findings.

- Teddy
  • rls76
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    May that be connected to the printer error message that kept popping up, I just checked that my print spooler is set to automatic so probably not