Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Nocturne (arcade)

Little late to the party, but better late than never!

Gonna try and do both a model and illustration for this guy, so this first post in both threads will be the same. I LOVE the arcade skin for Hecarim especially, and think Nocturne is so cool, so decided to try an arcade type skin for him.

I've noticed the other arcade skins sort of grab aesthetics from a couple of different sources in each one (like Guitar Hero and Robot Unicorn Attack for Hecarim) so I'm thinking a sort of Tron/Daft Punk, Rocketeer, Pac Man ghost mashup for this Nocturne. Did a few different super quick sketches to start getting some ideas out - there are parts of each I like, so will do a couple more iterations to get a final design. Critique/ideas very much appreciated! In particular I think I'm having trouble with the color palette - the pinks and purples present in some of the other arcade skins don't seem to fit as well with my Tron-inspired ideas for this guy, but maybe I'm just missing something.