Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Uiemad

Just holdin some space here.

Replies

• uiemad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So, for whatever reason I am trying my hardest to stick with a Shurima theme. I initially thought, whatever I'll just make it Desert themed, screw the rules. But now I'm trying to get it to meld with the forest of summoners rift. This MAY cause me to change themes entirely.

Originally my creep den was going to be an oasis but after spending some time on it I decided it wouldnt be interesting enough and I would be ruling myself out with the themeing. I am now thinking of doing some overgrown Shurima ruins or a fountain of sorts.
    anf1DGN.png

Here is my tower model, I do want to change some pieces, especially the bottom and if I'm going to make it look like an overgrown Shurima piece I'll probably make some roots wrap around it and stuff.
    UdDTds9.png
  • uiemad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying out some other ideas for different themes. Sort of liking this mausoleum thing.
    fH2i9sI.png
  • uiemad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think this is the creep den Im going with. Needs some more meat on its bones but I like it.
    SOHGAO3.jpg
  • Leto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Creep den looks like a good start. I like the positioning of the rocks and trees, but think that the tracks could be a more dynamic, interesting shape.. maybe more of a soft "S" leading straight out? You also really want to nestle in the opening into the rock, right now it feels about the same size as the rock it's sitting against instead of being nestled inside it.
  • uiemad
  • pixelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelb greentooth
    Orange dude is on the money, you should listen to him.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    This is kinda small. it's like tiny tiny mine for the tiny mini mini creeps ? Because 3 creeps (1 big 2 small) take that entire emplacement.

People tends to forget that trees in Runaterra are freaking tiny baby tree that are as small as character are.
  • uiemad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelb wrote: »
    Orange dude is on the money, you should listen to him.

Im leaning towards that, but some people have told me the red roof because it's a good focal point, but I feel like the mobs should be the focal point.
    Odow wrote: »
    This is kinda small. it's like tiny tiny mine for the tiny mini mini creeps ? Because 3 creeps (1 big 2 small) take that entire emplacement.

People tends to forget that trees in Runaterra are freaking tiny baby tree that are as small as character are.

You are 100% correct, every iteration I'm doing rescaleing to try and make it feel more correct.