Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Character Workshop - Markus Lund

Hi guys.

I'm starting a thread to post my progress on the 10-week character workshop with Seth.
We started out by picking a concept and breaking materials down and this last week we've gotten started making a base mesh.
I'd love to get some feedback from you guys so if you have any crit or suggestions I'm all ears :)

Concept by Mitch Mohrhauser
mYJ3uhO.jpg

Material Breakdown:
B7CiOMh.jpg

Replies

• zicoV
    Hi people.

Here's a quick update on my character. I've been working away on the base this past week getting proportions and shapes right and I should be moving in to Marvelous designer this week and try to make some better looking clothes for her.

So what do you guys think? :)

Jwr3Ts8.jpg
  • Mask_Salesman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mask_Salesman polycounter lvl 13
    Nice start but I think you should put abit more time into the proportions before jumping into the cloth. The concept's design shapes within the outfit exaggerate the classic 8 shape body proportions and follow the body's flow. But your body is very stocky and kind of nullifies the design shapes.

Also the way the shoulders behave looks abit unnaturally dislocated from the chest. The legs are also extremely thin if you consider the thickness of the cloth.

Taking things abit slower at the start will make things more solid towards the end. :)