Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Unity 5 Calibration

I'm not entirely sure what the 'Unity' calibration profile is intended for as it's been around for a while now and I suspect not based on the Unity 5 PBR implementation.

I assume a Unity 5 calibration is inbound, but until then has anyone found one of the existing profiles especially useful in the Unity 5 beta, particularly one that maps specular and gloss to one RGBA texture?

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi 9of9,

Thank you for your question. The "Unity" calibration profile pertains to the current official release of Unity (4.5) and is thus not PBR.

We have now been working with Unity who have helped us set up a Unity 5 calibration profile. This will be available as of the next release within a few short days.

Thanks again!
    - Teddy
  • Podden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Podden polycounter lvl 2
    Hey 9of9,

I've made a profile myself, just download it here and copy it into Quixel/scripts/calibration/.
    Works great with Cross-App Mode!

What I'm not sure yet is if Unity's Standard Shader applies the AO Map on the Specular Map itself or if I have to do it on the map. Have to look into it.

@Teddy: Another great thing would be if I can apply ZIP Compression on the Tiffs via scripting of via the Suite. Is that possible? This would remove the last inbetween step from my workflow and I just can directly export the maps into my assets forlder :).

EDIT: Just saw the 1.7 Preview :poly121: Sorry for bringing this back up