Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - IRELIA redesign

JoeXLegacy
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
JoeXLegacy polycounter lvl 11
Hey,

This is my first contest on polycount. Since I'm a huge fan of League of Legends I thought it'd be so much fun to participate.

I'll be doing a redesign/rework of the original Irelia skin since I think it looks pretty outdated.

Irelia_0.jpg

I started blocking out the character in Zbrush. I'd appreciate any suggestions or feedback on the design before I go further.

9MfuF8u.jpg

I will also probably be doing one or two more champs for this competition depending on my free time.

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• JoeXLegacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Still experimenting with the design and idea. Doing some posing to test the visuals out. I wanna take my time with this and re-iterate until I like it.

0m2yBV1.jpg
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Pose looks good...in T pose, the arms look a bit short. Looking forward to more!
  • JoeXLegacy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Satoshi,

I actually redid her proportions and stuff in the posing, This is all just zbrush concepting and studying. I will re-model the whole thing cleanly once I test a few more things out. I know it's not ideal for speed but the additional iterations will help make the design more congruent with the LoL art style, and there is plenty of time for this competition.

This is what I try to do when I am not too confident doing the model in one go.