Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Activation on multiple pc

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Moouz polycounter lvl 2
HI everybody :)

I bought the Quixel Suite yesterday. All went well for installation on my home pc . But when I want to install it on my laptop it does not work . Is that the key is linked to a single PC ? Is there a way to install the software on my laptop or do I have to buy an other key ?
If this is the case , I suggest that the key should be linked to an account rather than a PC .

Replies

• CKohl
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CKohl polycounter lvl 10
    As I understand it the license is tied to the PC so you would need another license.
  • seb3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seb3d polycounter lvl 11
    yes but you should be able to deactivate on one and activate on another if you need it there.
  • Moouz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moouz polycounter lvl 2
    Thank you for your answers. But the goal was just to switch from one to another because I travel a lot . I really thought I could connect via an account that checks the key to the connection and allows you to connect to multiple machines (not at the same time).
  • tungerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tungerz polygon
    Think seb3d is right, deactivate online at quixle - then you can reactivate for the laptop -n- vice versa.

cheers,
    ~Tung
  • Gheromo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gheromo polycounter lvl 11
    It allows you to activate it I believe, however it will be limited to 15 uses if its already activated on another computer.
  • teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys,

There are a couple of ways you can do this. If you simply want to move your license from one computer to another you can do so by deactivating the license from within the tool. In your NDO or DDO menu dropdown, go to License>Deactivate license... and you will be able to then use the same license on another computer.

In cases when you have forgotten to deactivate the license via the tool, or your harddrive/computer has crashed, you can also reset the license from your online license account. You can also use this feature for installing the same license on a limited amount of concurrent computers. Note that a license has 5 online resets in total, so use sparingly! Deactivation from within the tool can be done an unlimited amount of times.

- Teddy
  • Moouz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moouz polycounter lvl 2
    I find the handling still complex to enjoy the soft on two pc .
    I do not see myself doing this every evening to transfer my license among my two pc .
    In the end I feel compelled to buy another license for my laptop.

Thank you for your help anyway.