Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: Low Resolution Dynamask Preview in 3DO

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Dustinmaertz polycounter lvl 7
I am having some issues with dynamask previewing in 3DO. The issues started after I recovered from DDO locking up. It locked up when I made a new REGULAR Photoshop layer and copied an existing dynamask into the new layer then tried to rename it in the photoshop layer system. That's when it locked up. When I reopened my project and clicked on a existing dynamask and the preview in 3DO was extremely low resolution, like crazy low. If I click the quick preview button in the dynamask editor it does what it is supposed to do, then when I switched back to the black and white preview it was still low res.

I have tried a few things to try and remedy the problem, but so far nothing has worked.
1. I reset photoshops settings - CTRL + ALT + SHIFT click photoshop icon and reset settings

2. I open the quixel launcher and reinstalled 1.6

3. I tried opening a back of the project saved a few hours before the issue. And it had the same problem. So I don't think it is the project files themselves.

4.I have opened a completely different project and it is having the same issues.

5. I have done a full uninstall and cleared the registry files associated with quixel, then did a clean reinstall with the exe provided on the quixel webpage. And again no luck.

6. I have open the project where the bug occurred on another workstation and there was no issues displaying the black and white dynamask in 3DO. This leads me to believe that it is a problem with quixel changing something on my workstation.

7. I downloaded and opened the AKS exsample project from the quixel wiki to test if the bug would occur on a separate project. And when I clicked on the dynamask for the bare wood quixel locked and threw and error. Not sure what else to do about this software.
QHUS8ks.jpg

THIS IS A TOOL BREAKING BUG THAT RENDERS THIS WORKSTATION UNUSABLE WITH QUIXEL TOOLS. PLEASE HELP ME TROUBLE SHOOT THIS ISSUE.

Replies