Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Cloakedninja

Finally decided to stop lurking and start posting stuff! I'm fairly new to 3D modeling since I have only been doing it seriously for about 2-3 months now (been poking at it for over a year but now i'm starting to get more serious about it.) I decided I want to tackle a personal project that'll hopefully be finished before or during December.

I decided to do a somewhat modern apartment that looks like someone is still living there (something not 100% clean, but not all the way dirty. Maybe the person keeps the living room nice but his bedroom has his own touch). It sounded fun and It seems like something I can add my own touches to for fun without completely ruining the environment. It's also something that has a lot of reference photos and would be filled with objects that are commonly known.

I'm using Unreal 4 to build the environment in, 3DS max to model (eventually I'll pickup zbrush), and Substance Designer 4 to texture.

Any critiques and suggestions are highly welcomed!

This week i've mostly just blocked out the environment.

Living room:
zzrLWQM.jpg

Seems pretty empty/spacey for now until I can think of what else that would be good to add. Probably some shelves or end tables. The bench is something that came with UE4 i'm using as a placeholder for a sofa and the table is one of the earliest model's i've made and I don't know if its going to stay lol. You can also see in the second picture where the kitchen and bathroom are going to be.

AaCNaEl.jpg

Kitchen:

lQHhtNP.jpg

Bathroom:

Tth0z8D.png

At the end of the hall across the bedroom is the laundry room/closet. It also houses the water-heater as you can see in the unlit dark room. In the back corner are the drying/washing machines (They might be too small, probably going to need to throw in a reference dummy for scaling). And the wall on the left against the camera I think I'm going to put shelves and clothes hangers.

5cU5UbX.jpg

Bedroom. Again, I feel like this might be a bit too spacey so I'm thinking of ways to fill in the spaces without it seeming to be too intrusive to the walking space.

OFdmSGu.jpg

vzSoXTX.jpg