Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] Sona - the mute songstress

Handsomeartist
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Handsomeartist polycounter lvl 3
UPDATE:

I finally was able to work a little bit on my illustration. But it's still far from what I have in mind therefore I want some feedback before going any further. thanks in advance :)

BcKn2Zx.jpg?1

I'll explain what is to come in the next update:

- A crowd in the foreground and background
- a more dynamic pose for the main sona
- a projector device so that big screen looks like a big screen
- less photoshop lighting effect and more handdraw effect
- various pose for the dancing sonas
- better overall details

I hope to be able to deliver a next update by the end of the week. (those night shift are killing me...)

Hi, English is not my native language so I apologize in advance for any grammar errors.

Now! for my concept, I love Warriors who use music as a weapon so Sona was an obvious choice for me. So I decided to give a new outfit strongly inspired by the Infamous Nekki Basara from Macross 7. I aim to put Her on a stage as she will perform the show of her life.

For a quick history lesson, Macross 7 is a silly yet very enjoyable anime from the mid 90s where the hero tries to stop intergalactic conflict with the power of his songs. A little bit likes the ultimate move of Sona that force her foes to dance.

to see Basara in action go there:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHGDEl-zIc

basara-eyecatch.jpg

After some trial and error I came with a concept for the suit of my Sona. I am very open to any comments and I will work hard to make her stand out on the final picture.

rMsEqSv.jpg?1

I've finished my stage massing in 3DS Max yesterday, I'll try to get a sketch done by the end of the week.

Replies