Home Quixel Megascans

SOLVED: UpRes Feature and Export texture maps

How do I export at any time higher resolution texture maps:icon_question:

I have a registered license and I can't seem to find this UpRes feature.
I have imported 2k Curvature,AO and Colour ID texture maps and would like to save and export them out to 4k.

Is this possible:icon_question:
Or do I have to import 4k texture maps first:icon_question:

It would be great to get some info regarding this feature.
Thanks.

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi scratchliquid,

You can do this in 2 ways:

1) You bake 4K versions of your input maps, and then open the Reimporter -- plug in your new maps, make sure work resolution is 100%, and set texel density to double of what you currently have. When re-rendering the project you will now have nice and crisp 4K materials!

2) Open the reimporter and set the work resolution to 200%. Your materials will be nice and crisp, but your underlying normal and AO will be upscaled. This is a quick and dirty option, but #1 is recommended!

- Teddy
  • scratchliquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the feedback Teddy.
    I am a bit confused about the Texel Density. Correct me if I am wrong but If I work with 2048k maps should the Texel Density be set at 1024 and if I work with 4096k maps should the Texel Density be set at 2048 for best quality?
    Thanks.
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    scratchliquid - It depends on how big your mesh is! As many people find this this incredible confusing (myself included) we´ve looked in to some sort of guide to help out with this!
  • scratchliquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eric Ramberg, Look forward to see a guide. In an Ideal world it would be great to bake out 2k AO,Curvature,Colour ID etc and put them into DDO and export at 4k(Not scaling). As I know people have memory and time issues baking 4k maps using 3D software. Regards.