Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Ragin Beast Udyr

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Agrevain polycounter lvl 9
Hey all, so I am going to be tackling Udyr, and I was going to do his spirit guard skin, but then I got a different idea so I will be expanding on that instead. Although I will be taking some designs I like from the spirit guard skin. Basically its Udyr heavily influenced by street fighter shoto's and some other fighting style mixes, with a lot of my own creative ideas mixed in :D. I have started gathering references as well.

Spirit-Guard-Udyr.jpg
page-6352.jpg
ryu_sfv_concept02.jpg

Replies

• Agrevain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have been busy with work and other contests, but after the 15th i swear I will be updating :D
  • Agrevain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright so I am just doing a quick update, I will definitely be working on it more, in order to get everything done on time. Unfortunately with work and all that I haven't been able to get as much done, but one step at a time. I am also a bit intimidated from all these amazing pieces of work that I have seen, but I am updating none the less :D

33tnklz.jpg

So with Udyr there isn't any cool armor or anything like that really, so I have some other ideas that will come together later, but I am mostly going to be focusing on the anatomy and will most likely be going over it many times ahaha.
    Also putting in base folds and all that :D
  • Skyerzz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skyerzz polycounter lvl 5
    Do it up! Maybe go with the Oni versions, since this guys has spirit power. Evil_Ryu_Street_Fighter_4.jpg
  • Agrevain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I added in some more things, hand wraps, a shoto garb/torn garb. I have both of them for his initial stance before you would upgrade a skill (with the full garb) and for after you use a stance/skill (the torn garb). As if he has torn it off due to the power of said stance :D. I am also toying with the hair, going for an old viking warrior hairstyle. I also decided to keep the beads from the original design but put them around his neck instead, because I like the look of it better. Still a work in progress, hopefully ill be able to finish on time.

Any constructive criticism is welcome :)

21dog7s.jpg
  • Agrevain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, so this is my first time entering a contest at polycount, or really a contest at all :S, but it was fun to work on none the less. This is my final, I have never actually textured anything with hand painted textures, and I am really terrible at texturing in general so this was a big challenge for me. I hope it at least somewhat matches the style. Thanks for any support, and constructive criticism is welcome.

34j2nwo.jpg

30jij3l.jpg

21bktu.jpg
  • Waterbear
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This dude is bad ass! I need a kick ass, dynamic pose. Great job!
  • Agrevain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea I don't really know how to rig at all, so I just did a pose manually in zbrush with masking and zspheres. If I knew how to rig I would have done a more dynamic pose ahaha
  • baiph
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks clean and badass!