Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Zyra, The Rise of the Thorns

Hello there!
For this contest I wanted to paint Zyra. I never played her because I'm still learnign how to play, but I think Zyra is one of those women who deserve to be potrayed properly. Sooooooooooooo~~ composition sketches here~~

First sketch I did. I like it but somehow it doesn't fit very well in a splash. However, if you like this one better and have any suggestions to make it work, you are always welcome to tell me : D
Sketch%201.jpg

Because I wasn't sure about that first drawing, I tried another composition. Much more dynamic and dark, but I had to change some stuff like her face [I didn0t liked her face in profile because seems that the viewer is not joining her, if that makes sense]
Sketch%204.jpg

At this point I decided to recycle [:_D] her face from the first drawing because I liked it, so I made a Frankestein between my first and second sketch. I am still undecided about the legs position (as before, if you have suggestions, feel free to comment)

Sketch%202.jpg

Sketch%203.jpg

So this is how the composition is right now. Pretty dark, a little bit less dynamic maybe, but I like it in general:
Sketch%205.jpg

Replies