Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Nami

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
karytsukino greentooth
Hey Guys! Thanks for the nice comments!

I'm still working on my Nami redesign, I'm doing the texture for her. And I'd like to ask your opinion. I'm not so good choosing colors for characters, but I always try to... So I'd like to know what do you think about the colors oh the character?

Critics are welcome! =)

4ab4926bd2.png

Replies

• CJE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CJE polycounter lvl 13
    Hey, cool character, but I don't think you are allowed to use someone else's concept... :(
    Can I use a concept art from a friend or that I found online?
    No. You can only use your own concept or any concept from Riot. Please do not use other people’s concepts that you did not create or own even if they gave you permission. That would constitute teamwork which is against the rules as stated.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Yea, I think it has to be official Riot concept art or its out unless its ur own.
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Thanks Guys for the help! I'll try to make my own concept based on the general idea. I was not sure if want to make a "dark nami", I really like the idea of make her half octopus. Thanks for the warning! :thumbup:
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi There! :)

Working on my Ideas for Nami here. I like her "ladylike" style, so I'm thinking on doing a Nami- Queen of Sea. Here is my attempt to my concept.

I hope you like it! See ya! :):)

871ecc65b8.png
  • Anoif
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ooo! Can't wait to see more!
  • Darknavigator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think that the person who originally painted the concept you are using is in this competition as well. And also using this concept. It might be better to generate your own concept.
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    I think that the person who originally painted the concept you are using is in this competition as well. And also using this concept. It might be better to generate your own concept.

Thanks Darkvingator! But as I sad I'm not using that concept anymore. Maybe you cant see now, but I'm sure that the final result will be diferent ... Thanks for the tip :thumbup:
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi There!

Still working on my model. I would like to give her an etinic queen aprproach!I hope It's getting better... I didn't work on the tentacles yet. I've to study how to make it... But I'm sure I'll have updates soon... What do you think guys? :)

8be6315eb7.png
  • 3sm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    3sm
    I like her a lot - just be careful with how you "attach" the tentacles to her body (not the biggest fan of how it looks on concept) - maybe it's just matter of proportions (how big/long the tentacles will be compared to her body). I'm sure you'll make it look good - good luck.
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hi there!!! Its been a while, but I'm still working on my character on my spare time. Sculpting part its almost done, I plan to make some more details if I have time, and start retopology by the weekend. So guys what do you think? :)

cc53f0219f.png

37149424e7.png
  • bgram1984
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She's so charming and cute.
    Me and My girl friend love it so much.
    I think you already notice about it, but for now, the back of the waist armor is digging into her. Also, I wonder what is your idea for her human body and octopus body transition. Is it going to be something like Ariel's in Disney movie?
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    bgram1984 wrote: »
    She's so charming and cute.
    Me and My girl friend love it so much.
    I think you already notice about it, but for now, the back of the waist armor is digging into her. Also, I wonder what is your idea for her human body and octopus body transition. Is it going to be something like Ariel's in Disney movie?

Hi Bgram1984! I'm happy to know, that you and your girlfriend like my character! Thanks for the compliments. And you're right the armor is digging into her... I've been working on the tentacles recently, so now I've to move the armor to adapt her body. About the transition between human and octopus, I'm still workingo on some studies ... my first idea was inspired on Ariel's body, but I'm not reallly sure... I think with the armor in that part she looks a bit heavy on the waisth, I'll try to post some of my progress with this later!

Thanks for the comment!!! :)
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    3sm wrote: »
    I like her a lot - just be careful with how you "attach" the tentacles to her body (not the biggest fan of how it looks on concept) - maybe it's just matter of proportions (how big/long the tentacles will be compared to her body). I'm sure you'll make it look good - good luck.

Hey 3sm! Sorry for the late answer! But thanks a lot for the tips! I've had a hard time studying the tentacles part, I hope it looks better now! What do you think? I'm not satisfied with the transition between body and tentacles, I'll try to work a bit more on that part. Your critics are always welcome! Thanks!!! :)
  • DmitryGrebenkov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DmitryGrebenkov polycounter lvl 3
    Nice! Looking forward to lowpoly! Good luck!
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey Guys! Just a little update for the model. I'm a bit late, but I'm still working on it... :thumbup:

bcfd9fa218.png
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Nice! Looking forward to lowpoly! Good luck!

Thanks Dimitry! You did a great job with character too, really one of my favs!!! =D
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tairow polycounter lvl 11
    That's looking very cool! The normals and the topology seens very clean! Surely its will be an amazing piece of art!

Very well done.
  • Heat3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Heat3d polycounter lvl 4
    Interesting design)
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey Guys! Thanks for the nice comments!

I'm still working on my Nami redesign, I'm doing the texture for her. And I'd like to ask your opinion. I'm not so good choosing colors for characters, but I always try to... So I'd like to know what do you think about the colors oh the character?

4ab4926bd2.png
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey Guys! Just updating small changes in the texture... What do you think about the colors?

6900ddc7ae.png
  • Dantert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dantert polycounter lvl 10
    Nice progress so far. Maybe you could use some warm lighter tones to make the shapes pop out more :D
  • TomGT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TomGT polycounter
    Nice work! Getting there. I like that headdress a lot!

For colors. I think it could use some highlights here and there to make her armor more shiny and her skin more glossy. Will add to the overall aquatic nature of the character.

Personally I'd go for a light blue to dark green gradient on her hair. I feel that it'll fit more with her main color palette.
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Dantert wrote: »
    Nice progress so far. Maybe you could use some warm lighter tones to make the shapes pop out more :D

Thanks Dantert! Nice tip, I'll try to correct this and warm up her a bit more. =D
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    TomGT wrote: »
    Nice work! Getting there. I like that headdress a lot!

For colors. I think it could use some highlights here and there to make her armor more shiny and her skin more glossy. Will add to the overall aquatic nature of the character.

Personally I'd go for a light blue to dark green gradient on her hair. I feel that it'll fit more with her main color palette.

Hi TomGT! Thanks a lot for the comment. Nice tips! I like the idea of doing some hilights in the armor and you're right I have to fix her spec to make her look more glossy. I'm not sure if I'll change the hair (I'm a bit in love with the pink point =P), but i sure understand your point. Thanks a laot again! o/

I'll try to post some progress later I hope you enjoy it guys! Thanks for the comments again! :thumbup:
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm liking the colors so far, but I'm really bad at this too!! Maybe something to pop her hair acc more, i dont know, but I'm like how this is going!! Very cool! Good Luck!!
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Hey Guys!

Finally I could finish this one! I hope you enjoy it!This is my redesign for Nami. Great competition here, was really fun to participate!!! =D

3942d4e884.png

9f9cda64cb.png

23f0d32f1b.png

22b563767f.png

Good luck to all!!! :)
  • Tairow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Very cool artwork kary, impressive result. Her pose is very good, and so as your color choices! I am is you good luck!

I will be here drooling over you character.