Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Wedding Night Elise

Hello there!:)

Ahhhhkay so this is my first post in here and I'm pretty excited so let's start; my favorite champ is Elise. I like everything about her; the way she looks,talks,transforms and so on...she is just the perfekt diva! And I love her little spider "babys"!
So I thought about the real "black widdow" spider and remembered that they tend to kill their beloved after le sexy time. And after some le google time I found out that there are also "white widdows" Ahaaa.....
Ok so here is what I got so far. I'm not sure about the end result...especially about the format... I prefer high size but horizontal is more Riot-Like.:poly141:
First you'll see some inspirational stuff I collected!

n1f8zl.jpg2ilfx2c.jpg

Replies

• Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is this the appropriate way to fill a thread? I dont know...but here are my first VERY rough ideas... :)

2zfsuxh.jpgvwsaog.jpg

209r04g.jpg
  • blue_skies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blue_skies polycounter lvl 4
    Nice idea! The outfit looks like it's going interesting places.
    As far as format goes, I believe the correct size is 7000x4130. :)
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ah! Okay, thank you so much for the information! I saw so many different WIP formats...so I wasn't sure if there is "a right" one. Today I did some quick sketches just to collect some ideas. I like the first one because you have a nice view on her dress, but it is very "flat". I really love the second one because it tells a whole different story but there will be some problems with her outfit and I think it lacks focus on Elise herself, same with the third one. The last one is very dynamic and different to the rest...but I'm not sure if it's not too sexy and lacks the theme of wedding etc. I need to think about this a bit longer... :)
    wlrd4j.jpg

29lob9v.jpg

ebdik8.jpg

2lj6uxv.jpg
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Oh i really love the second one. It's sexy, it shows the wedding theme and the blackwidow.

(drunken baby spider are a must <3)
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So...I think I made a decision. I think I will have a go with sketch 2. ( and the party-spiders yaay :D ) Today I took some time to do a "tidy" sketch and thought about the light. I think I will add another light source, maybe candles or something like this to give more depth to the scene because the light through the curtains alone is maybe a bit too soft.

206g4go.jpg2i9j9sw.jpg
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alright! So here is my WIP so far. Please notice this is NOT EVEN CLOSE to beeing finished. The only thing I will leave like this is probably her face, but the rest is still under construction. ( As you see for example the corpse, drunken spider, bottles and so on and some stuff in the background are not even started) I will definitely change the hanging spider, I want her to be like tull... like the fluffy tulle on her dress. You coud say a pom pom spider, since they function as braidmaides so they need to resemble the brides dress in some way. The Spiderwebs are also provisional this will all be reworked tidy and pretty. And some lighting stuff but puuuhhhh....ok I'll stop talking now. :D

PS dont be fooled by the format, it's the same as the sketch. I just squeezed them a bit without noticing. :\

aey7vn.jpg
  • BrittanyKoll
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking awesome so far. Love the concept your going with, it's a great spin on the whole "black widow" thing :)
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update from today before I'll drop into my bed; spent a few hours fixing her face because there was something about it that really annoyed me... and after turning the picture upside down I noticed what it was; her right eye was just out of place and her mouth too...and I got her a nose-job. ;) I'll try focusing on different parts now, there is still so much to do....ufff... 2d1wknr.jpg
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WIP of today... peww it starts to get some shape...
    again I fixed a lot of mistakes I found and I know there are many more. I will try to focus on light and details next time I'm working on it. (And I need to fix her foot but it's too late and I already started seeing little spiders everywhere.) :)ouab0k.jpg
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello again. I only did some minor changes today but I thoght I could upload them nevertheless. I still have some problems with her leg/her foot and the lighting because of the additional light source the candle gives... So I'm still far away from finishing this, but here you go;suzfaf.jpg
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone, so I did change some more details, but to be honest I reached my limit. I don't think I can do it much better at this point and with my current set of skills. If there is anything you you dont like or would change or just want to comment on... feel free too. I would be very happy to hear some honest opinions. :)

161yl2b.jpg
  • Gisalmeida
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the idea itself, but I remember reading on the rules that gore is not allowed. Maybe you should make the dead guy a bit hidden, or something that shows he is dead, but not that explicit.
  • Rosendorn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm i didn't see that...I'll see what I can do... :/
  • Jianwen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jianwen polycounter lvl 3
    I think the way you are using so many different white surfaces is very tricky, however you are doing it pretty well! Maybe try dropping the value of the background to make her stand out a little more. Lookin good though