Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Ashe

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Kiyamlol polycounter lvl 12
Hello all :)

I have chosen to try and have a go at ashe, i dont see many models of her lying around ^^

I am just gona go for a default look as I think it is the best one x)

Ashe_0.jpg

Replies

• Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress on anatomy, still needs work. Currently working on arms and hands.

anatomy_layout.jpg
  • Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Just some slow progress and quick dynameshing...

layoutclothes_simpledyna.jpg
  • slosh
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I like the progress...chest is a tad overkill IMO but I guess a lot of LOL gals have that :D
  • Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    haha i thought she had a robust bust and i think i overdid it hahaha XD

done with the full basic shapes for now and will develop them further. any ideas?

layoutclothes_simplelayout_full.jpg

thank you for viewing :)
  • Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Some tweaking and trying to do some cloth folds. Very tricky...

Also did a fast color paint on the face to see if I am getting her likeness

colortest_skinrough.jpg
  • Chimi Jimi
    Offline / Send Message
    Chimi Jimi polygon
    hey dude nice progress i think you should be more bold with the creases on her skirt though your prob already know that :P and personally for me i think her face was more similiar on the first piccy in the concept the features look more defined hope any input i can give helps :D
  • Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks bro =)

The face is still the same, its probably because I used a different shader so a lot of the detail is lost during polypaint. I still have to work the face more soon I am just trying to finish her overall shape first rather than doing it bit by bit.

Still slow progress but adding in more geo where necessary and adding in details for her armour, skirt and cloth bits

layoutclothes_armorlayout-2.jpg
  • Tits
    Offline / Send Message
    Tits mod
    Hey!
    Very nice work here so far.
    One little nick pick here. While looking at your character I felt like (if you don't look at the chest) she looked a little bit too young.
    Almost like she would be 16 or something.
    Proportions wise I just checked and she is about 7 head tall.
    Average is usually around 7.5 and often 8 for stylised video game character. I think that could help your character looks a bit more adult and impressive.
    Anyway just very subtle stuff.

Looking forward to see the progress
  • Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Tits

Thank you for the feedback :)

Sorry I havent been doing much progress on her as I had to halt her due to prior commitments =(

I am back on her again now. I dont think I have time to finish her by the time this comp is over but I am going to try and finish her anyway :)

I have done some adjustments to her body. You are right about the look of her body so I tried to beef her up but I think she probably needs more beefing up but I was having a hard time trying to nail down her overall frame. Also added some details to her armour but not too much as I am still trying to maintain her form.

sculpt.jpg

Also did some work to her head, detailing:

headsculpt.jpg

And some hair, texture and render tests in toolbag 2. I really want to grab the look and feel of her original concept. I just love her mystifying look in the artwork :)

ashe_haircolour.jpg

I feel like I need some work on the shaders. Anyone got any ideas? I am particularly bad with shaders for games XD

Kind regards