Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Environment Art

[Riot Art Contest ] - Afklamer

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Afklamer polycounter lvl 7
Uhm, well I promised pixelb that I'll be posting something today will upload pics in a couple of hrs I guess, but just to keep the promise I'm opening the thread now =D

Recent Update:

den_03.jpg

Replies

• Afklamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...and here we go =)

First time participating in a contest, really excited. Only have some hours during weekday and the weekends. 2 months seem awfully short =P let's see how things will go =D

I usually tend to go a bit crazy on the designing stuff so I tried to keep it grounded this time. My personal goal is to keep it close to Riots design guidelines. I'm in love with the of new style, what a great excuse to do some fanart! =)

I did around 15 pages of rough ballpoint skribbles. These are my current favorites:

buildings_ca_01.jpg

den_ca_01.jpg

Used one sketch for a quick 3d blockout and overpaint.

inhibitor_colo_01.jpg

cheers
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Great overpaint, they look great
  • Afklamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Kel thanks for dopping by =)

Had to get some work done today, but at least I got another concept rdy

turret_colo_01.jpg

I'm allways over eager to get to the texturing must remain strong =D
  • FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    I think these concepts are great. I am really looking forward to see how these turn out!
  • pixelb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelb greentooth
    I dig the campsite, it feels just right. Not too much, not too little. Paintovers are great, but what's the purpose of the little...power symbols? They look out of place.

Keep going!:thumbup:
  • Fenyce
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fenyce polycounter lvl 11
    Great paintover, I really enjoy the design! And that campfire scene indeed is freaking sweet. Some monster like a wolf or bear would fit there very well :)
  • Sirhaian
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sirhaian polycounter lvl 3
    I really love your concept! Can't wait to see what's coming! :D
  • parasyte7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    parasyte7 polycounter lvl 19
    I just want to make sure you saw this post with the update to the rules:

Hi everyone,

At Riot Games, we have a very strong feedback culture. We pivot and make adjustments when things can be done better or are not working. In the spirit of this culture and after internal conversations with feedback from the community, we have decided to make some tweaks to the environment section of the contest. You can now choose to create the turret or the inhibitor rather than being required to create both. We want to make sure we are giving everyone enough time to create assets that you are proud of and able to finish in time for the December 19th deadline.

We are also tweaking the animation com petition and not have animators pick an established character since animating a specific character without the exact model will be difficult. We want to see solid animations that are keeping the animation style of LoL in mind when creating these ability assets.

We thank you for your understanding and look forward to seeing what you all come up with.

-Kenny
  • Afklamer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @ FemCharles: Ha, im curious as well =D

@ pixelb: Your turn to show some progess =), A kind of personal thing with the symbol, but I'm thinking of incorporating it in a more fitting way.

@ Fenyce: Thanks! Im cionsidering concepting some critters in if time allows , wel see =)

@ Sirhaian: Thanks =)

I really hope Kenny had a tool to help him post that note =D

Well here's a rather refined concept & study, I wanted to polish a bit to get an idea how to approach the textures later on. Still struggling a bit with the beautifull shapes and flat surfaces they're using, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Also a bit worried about the color variation though. Well thats the scene im gonig for now. =)
    for critters I'm currently considering goblins with woodwork tools =D

den_03.jpg

and embeded in a screen shot:

den_04.jpg
  • FemCharles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FemCharles greentooth
    I love the creep den! Although i would like to see a bit more ping of colour among the green :)
  • Gannon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gannon interpolator
    I lol'd at the arm. Nice concept for the creep Den dude. Can't wait to see the final!
  • anglorum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    anglorum polycounter lvl 6
    That inhibitor is stellar as all get-out.

Can't wait to see more progress.
  • r4ptur3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    r4ptur3 polycounter lvl 10
    good god, nice paint job. go go 3D!!!