Home Contests & Challenges Archives Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

White Knight Set

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
islipaway polycounter lvl 10
I've been playing a a fair bit and feel like making a set which reflects my weapon choices in game. I'm going to make a set for the Agatha Knight consisting of a Sword of War, a Mace (or norse sword but making two swords for one set doesn't seem very exciting) and a Kite Shield.
I intend to model each item based on a real one then try and match them up as a set using similar parts like wrap style, pommel and etching/engraving rather than designing based on one aesthetic and forcing the model to fit it.

Here's where I am at with the Sword of War, I saw this sword in the Copenhagen Armory and thought it would fit perfectly, being a bastard sword with a cut away section (presumeable to decrease weight?) which goes well with the increased speed stats of the sword in game.

iHVW09
iHUGQq

Thanks for looking!

Replies

• islipaway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bit more work on this today.

iHXrv_
    iHXh_B
    iHXQ6C
  • JO420
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JO420 polycounter lvl 18
    Its a really cool design and most importantly,it looks like it would fight in the game. The only issue I see it that center of the blade doesn't look particulaly sharp and it comes off as purely a stabbing weapon.
  • islipaway
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey! Yeah it's based on a sword that has this large flat crushing section in the middle of the blade. I think it's fits well with the SoW as the stats indicate it's a lighter/faster type of longsword, also it has enough sharp edge on the side of the tip to do damage with slashing at a distance. I've done a bit more work on it, need to re-work the guard area so that's absent in this image. Worked on the areas I intend to repeat across the set (mostly shapes seen in the pommel), any crits?

iHa2Yj