Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] Haunted Zyra

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Zombard polycounter lvl 6
Hi ! I'm Zombard and this is the first time I post on a forum or in a contest, I will do my favorite skin of the game : Haunted Zyra

Here is how I see my entry : I would like to do something else than a dark, night subject, my idea is to set the scene in a dusky daylight of autumn, as if it was also dangerous to encounter her by day. For the theme I thought about victorian greenhouses with maybe some pumpkins and mausoleums.

Some refs
K6AAxyG.jpg

For the composition I thought about her gameplay, she is very slow and passive and punishes a lot when an opponent walks where he shouldn't. As a cimetery statue my idea was to do her on a statue base, with some poor guy's skull her thorns just dug off the ground and with a Hamlet pose, maybe thinking about human stupidity or something.

7Wj1txT.jpg

I'm not very happy with the left arm and the coffin because despite the angle and the colors of the entry I find the arm pose too close from a fellow painter : http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141549
so I'll probably change it !

Lookings for your critiques don't hesitate to tell me what you think ;p

Replies

• Flaxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice start :) What is she thinking while looking at the skull? Is she contemplating life, death and such a la Hamlet? The composition works nicely too.
  • Fremdkörperson
    i like it as well :) you could try to make her sit on a coffin and put a tombstone in the corner instead.
  • Zombard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you, I tried making her sit on a coffin but i feel we lose the statue thing ! And yes indeed maybe she is deeply thinking about death and life and that she should buy wards ;)

Little update, I like the idea of her digging the deads and putting the living in graves

rob6bjp.jpg
  • Flaxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hehe, what I mean is, if you have a clear idea of what she is thinking, you will have a much better time of getting that across to the person veiwing it through the pose and expression etc. Right now it´s a little unclear, unless that is your intention and you WANT to evoke thought into the veiwer. For example, she could have fed that person to her plants and she is giggling to herself about it while looking at the skull and that would inform the pose and whole story behind the illustration. I was asking the question to spark thoughts in your head on why you drew her sitting staring at a skull and possible improve upon the picture. If you have a clear idea, then that´s great :)
  • Zombard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update ! I'm really having fun with the "undead in the daylight" theme but i'm slowing progressing, still early sketch :
    Pcl3XKM.jpg

Feel free to say what you think :]