Home Freelance Job Postings

[Paid] Low-poly 3D fantasy creature/character artist for Unity

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Thank you for the responses! I think I have enough now that it's getting difficult to sort though. I will try and respond to everyone who messaged me. As of right now, consider this post closed, but I will update if something changes. Thanks again!

Hey all!

Game Description
I am currently creating a fantasy game for mobile, which is about 80% complete at the moment. I'm using placeholder squares and spheres, so one of the only things missing are the characters! I would really like to have a single artist complete all of the characters so that they maintain a consistent look and feel. As the game is almost finished, I would want the assets to follow closely to the existing art style (which is similar to the style of Warcraft 3), but I'm open to suggestion on the level assets as well.

Request Description
I would want the artist to complete about 50 total models for creatures and characters ranging from easy (worm, rat, bat) to hard (ogre, demon, dragon), but some of those would be similar models with different accessories (peasant + sword and shield = warrior). I'm very much open to suggestion on these aspects.

They must be super low-poly (typically under 1000 tris), as there will be upwards of 40 on screen at a time and it's for mobile devices. The camera is 3/4 overhead view, so the "bottoms" can be removed to lower poly count if necessary.

I'm a total noob when it comes to models and animation (hence my post), so animation for the models is also an issue! It would be good if you already know how to animate the models for Unity OR at least be able to show me how to do it one time and then I could animate them myself. I guess that means they have to be rigged as well? Regardless, I would only require a couple animations for each model (run, die, and attack where applicable), so hopefully we can get that part figured out.

Artist Requirements
No experience requirements, although I would like to see anything you have worked on, especially if it's low-poly fantasy.

I have plenty of patience so there is probably not any time constraints either, although I would prefer not to drag it out too far.

Also, I love to joke around and be sarcastic, so it helps if you have a good sense of humor =) Oh, and I swear a lot too, so if we Skype or anything, just be aware of that, haha!

Compensation
As stated in the title, this would be commissioned work, so everything is negotiable (payment per model? up-front deposit?). I would also be willing to split revenue with the artist for lower up-front costs. I have invested a lot of money into other assets already as well as a year of my own programming time. So, if you're willing to take a risk and want your name on the game with revenue sharing, I'm definitely open to that route as well!

Interested?
Send me a message!

If you have any questions regarding the project, the requirements, or about myself, please don't hesitate to message me or post in this thread.

Thank you for your time!