Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Cyberpunk Riven

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Topperr polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys, I'm going to do a new skin idea for Riven, really looking forward to this contest as i like league and have been meaning to do some 3D designs for their characters.

Here's a quick sculpt of the head will get on and get a concept done soon i hope or might just continue with the sculpt

koCKYDV.jpg

Replies

• Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some work on the body for proportions though still needs the detail but thought I'd just post what I managed to get done after work. Also need to come up with a solid concept so still throwing some ideas about as to what kind of armor and weapon to create.
    PrrvwV7.jpg
    All crits are welcome
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some further blockout of the character, decided to go with a mechanic style of clothing and give her some hi-tech equipment to go with the minimalist outfit such as the weapon, glove and shoulder piece.

Ybad3l7.jpg

Sword looks a little small to me so will probably tweak it a bit before I start sculpting the details.
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Continued with the high resolution sculpt, taking me longer than I thought need to try and find more time to get it done.

Here is what I have so far HXhJqki.jpg
    going to continue with this and hopefully get the High res done in a couple of days would appreciate any comments advice people can give.

Have been messing with the shape of the hair somewhat will post some of the pictures i have when i get a couple of ideas down and see what looks best overall.

This is just a quick idea as i'm not to sure i like the strands dangling to the side of the head. So i've just quickly removed them to see what the effect is with them and without.
    y7KiOsg.jpg
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Managed to get some sculpting done today hurah :) got the sword pretty much done and did a quick colour test, I know it looks quite black and white at the moment but there will be some colour in there i promise when i'm finished :)

lK9gCjI.jpg
    p4hCnZU.jpg
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a test pose to see how it would look
    CgW2MbJ.jpg
    Sculpts pretty much done so got to get started with reto and uv mapping fun fun fun :)
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some polypainting today think I'm just trying to postpone retopology but will hopefully be able to spend some time on it over the weekend and get the retopo and baking done.

OKnagfH.jpg

If anyone has any comments please let me know could do with some critque so i can make some adjustments if anyone sees something I've missed.

Thanks
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Started cracking on with some retopology going to finish it off soon then just need to unwrap and sort out the textures.

EErnhQ2.pngPolycount is still a little high for my liking so will reduce it some more once i've got the overalll shape. Will get round to posting the wireframes when i've finished.
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last minute update got low poly and textures all done might do a few more tweaks if I can fit it in before then deadline then just have to get my renders to look nice and neat :) really enjoyed this competition first time I've properly done a character only using a hand painted diffuse it's been a learning experience for sure.

Wk9Um8i.jpg
    vBUHfdD.png
    bTWqOwC.jpg

Will post the renders here when i've got them all sorted
  • Topperr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished boards

TvdNPyu.png
    bBknowr.png
    c89GvxT.png
    DFlHFYS.png

This has been a fantastic learning curve for me and there are so many amazing entries which has spurred me on to finish, good luck to everyone :)