Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Mecha Alistar

ramaeia
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ramaeia polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone, my name is Michelle and my in game name is Ramaeia in league of legends and I will be doing Mecha Alistar. I thought it would be both a cool and challenging idea to illustrate.

I've started with a sketch idea in design of Mecha Alistar, then once I'm happy with his design, I will move on to making composition sketches/drafts.

UJGdGaJ.png

Replies

• ramaeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    so I basically worked on his basic shapes, on his overall design, I broke him down to simple shapes. So that when I draw him out in a composition, I would understand his basic shapes.

1f2xdeZ.png

some color to see the shapes better

rEc0dWq.png
  • ramaeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reference I'm using
    C7iZXkr.png

adv5Keo.png

Some samples of what I look at

Ywx3LDo.png

ZnjLTvT.png
  • ramaeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    REALLY REALLY ROUGH SKETCH!!!

Okay so after 2 weeks of trying to come up with a composition, I think I finally got an idea. Basically I want him to be trying to free himself from this charging pod. Basically where they get charged up, like a battery. Anyways. I want him to be trying to free himself from the pod. And there will be cables breaking and sparks flying.

I'll be working on more sketches on his rough idea, or bringing a detailed line work of his rough sketch idea. Hopefully have it up today or tomorrow.

QGBfBgd.png
  • ramaeia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This inspired me

3a61Bh3.png
    ocCoXPs.png