Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Surfer Fizz

Hey guys! I'll be doing a skin of my own design -- Surfer Fizz!
Here's a quick sketch for what I want the skin to look like:

bBFxk9e.jpg

I should be starting the model soon! :) Let me know what you all think! Thanks

Replies

• Robo Critter
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool! Have you considered putting him in a wet suit or maybe have a bite taken out of his surfboard
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh my goodness! The bite out of the surfboard is a great idea! :> Thanks!
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's a few references I've gathered just today. I think I'm going to do a few more sketches before starting on the model -- possibly Fizz in some swim trunks or in a wetsuit, and maybe a few of the surfboard. I also noticed, after looking at LolKing's model viewer (go and take a look at Fizz's Original model if you have the chance -- his eyes are all wacked out) and Fizz has 6 tentacles on his head, not to mention an earring! Things I've never noticed before! I'll continue to refine sketches -- I want there to be no questions when it comes to modeling him. :)

a0FcdCg.jpg
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey everyone! Did another sketch of Surfer Fizz, this time with swim trunks on. I think that I like the striped pattern on his trunks -- I'll make them Riot colors to offset Fizz's natural blueness. :)
    Should be one more sketch coming tomorrow -- the wet suit-clad version -- as well as maybe some surfboard patterns.

Don't be afraid to tell me what you think!

6FuC2dx.jpg
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    u should put a stitch costume on him lol this is looking nice tho :)
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hahaha! See, I was just explaining to one of my co workers how Stitch and Fizz looked so much alike! He didn't see the resemblance until I showed him Void Fizz lol

But anyway, thank you very much!
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey again! I drew another concept of Fizz -- this time in a wetsuit. I really like this one and I might go with it. I'm thinking of giving him sunglasses on the top of his head, too.

9LwcsEE.png
  • yorikus24
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yorikus24 polycounter lvl 6
    Man make him dred in hair mor efectnes for gavaine stile.
  • pizzapality
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! I'm going to keep this updated weekly as long as I Don't get too busy.

Smooth Preview on the first picture of Fizz here and more low-poly version in the second. I think I got his body pretty much blocked out aside from a few tweaks, and I'm going to work on his head next. I think it's coming along well so far! I want to be able to give him a rather simple rig for easy posing later if I have the chance. I had a little trouble with the gills -- I might try to redo them. Overall, I think that it's going pretty well! Constructive criticism is appreciated, and thank you in advance!

yHh0aBJ.png

B3PhKEp.png