Home Quixel Megascans

My Quixel is no longer buggy!

Hi all! Just thought I'd share what happened and hope it can help some people out. I had tried to use Quixel for quite a while but... bug bug bug.. error error error. PS did not like it one bit and I had hex errors, program errors, functions unavailable etc. I uninstalled it, ready to give up after reinstalling it over and over, upgrading to 1.4 and so forth.

So the other day, I was playing around in PS after not using it before... and lo and behold... layer styles didn't work. Program errors. Like WTF? They used to work just fine. I hunted for a bit to find a solution. I tried a solution and it worked. I thought about it and decided to install Quixel 1.3 one more time and give it a whirl - even with the beta expired messages and so forth. It worked! No errors. All good.

So what did I do? When loading up PS, hold down CTRL ALT SHIFT. This gives you the option to reset PS preferences. Sure, you will have to set some up again, but a corrupt preferences file can cause issues apparently. Time for me to watch some tutes on Quixel to truly test it out - though I really need to learn how to make AOs and stuff first.

-= CTRL ALT SHIFT when loading up Photoshop =- (and I'm still on 1.3)