Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Riven

riven_splash_0.jpgTaking on one of my favorite champs, Riven. here we go...

Replies

• PRODEADMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Few Hours in, getting a nice feel for the character before detailing anything.
    B5B9vQ9.jpg
    7GfkgXU.jpg
    yMr2NdV.jpg
    h7Zg5Pa.jpg
  • PRODEADMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Made another pass on the drapery, still needs a bit more work.
    WCBCTvd.jpg
    2hC4jGa.jpg
    aPZ4LAy.jpg
    aG6Cp2A.jpg
    dylXT5V.jpg
  • rganima527
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nice work. It just be me but her mid section looks a bit stocky. I'm not sure how she looks normally. Looking good other wise :)
  • PRODEADMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rganima527 wrote: »
    Nice work. It just be me but her mid section looks a bit stocky. I'm not sure how she looks normally. Looking good other wise :)
    I completely agree, I just slimmed her down and she looks a lot better! Thanks for the Crit:)
  • BrooD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like your style in sculpting the facial features. Riven is one of the characters I would like to work on only because of her title as an exile, if my job and destiny give me some free time, though Riot's design is very meek, drab and boring. You must have used some sort of humanoid reference mesh to begin sculpting on to produce proportions and garments so soon, hours?, in development? If not, I'm blown away at your speed. What are you working in?

I'm interested in how your slimmer version looks. Because as it is the torso doesn't match the head at all and to me that's a shame.
  • PRODEADMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Couldnt get much more done today, but i did get to her glove and i took a second pass at her face. Also slimmed her down and elongated her legs.
    eHjNwLx.jpg
    sESavz0.jpg
  • PRODEADMAN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BrooD wrote: »
    I like your style in sculpting the facial features. Riven is one of the characters I would like to work on only because of her title as an exile, if my job and destiny give me some free time, though Riot's design is very meek, drab and boring. You must have used some sort of humanoid reference mesh to begin sculpting on to produce proportions and garments so soon, hours?, in development? If not, I'm blown away at your speed. What are you working in?

I'm interested in how your slimmer version looks. Because as it is the torso doesn't match the head at all and to me that's a shame.

Im using zBrush and maya for this, and this entire model was done from scratch, no base mesh, well the feet are from a base mesh, but that all. Overall the entire model need several more passes done on it though>.< Be sure to check out my last update with the fixed proportions!!!!!
  • rganima527
    Options
    Offline / Send Message