Home Freelance Job Postings

Seeking 2D pixel art for main characters of "Dino Eggs: Rebirth" retro game reboot

This is David Schroeder, author of the 8-bit game "Dino Eggs" (1983, Apple II, Commodore 64, IBM).

We're completing a reboot entitled "Dino Eggs: Rebirth." You can check out the information and video in our press kit to get an idea of this old/new game.

Seeking: An artist to create the game's two main characters in a fresh retro/pixel style.

Needed: About 32 frames of each character running and jumping. Some of these frames are mirror images of the others. Average size: 40 pixels wide by 68 pixels tall.

Also: Five non-animated images of the same two characters in larger sizes ranging from "talking head" busts about 100 pixels square, to title page poses about 210 x 250 pixels.

This is a paying gig. Amount to be negotiated, based on artist experience.

The press kit shows *my* art skin for the game. These new characters we need will be in a fresh retro/pixel style matching a *new* set of background and creature art not yet shown in the press kit. Samples of this new background art will be sent upon your inquiry.

If you're interested, please send or point me to some examples of your character art -- if possible, in the small frame sizes this game (mostly) requires.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you.

David H. Schroeder
www.davidhschroeder.com
www.dinoeggsrebirth.com

"Crisis Mountain" "Dino Eggs" "Short Circuit"
"Five Family Christmas Games"