Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Shivana, the "cool dark dragon princess" =D

Hello!

I'm really into this contest! I'm tired of having to draw using only the mouse, but lets do it again anyway. ^__^

Here's a quickly scribbled something that I draw for this contest using the mouse. I love dragons, so I gonna make a human Shyvana model.

junocecil_polycount_shyvana01.png

I intend to draw a cool dragon for her use as armor. I also want to do a version of she dressed as a princess. Or maybe.. what if I just mix this two concepts?

Shivana, the "cool dark dragon princess" =D

Replies

• JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi!

I just put the same finished eye in a random model to see how it gonna looks like.. hum ^__^

junocecil_polycount_shyvana02.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello guys, how are you?

Today I will present some ideas that I had for this character. I'm out of paper, so I had to sketch in post-its.

Here is how the eye of the character was conceived. I looked into the original Shyvana eye in human form, mixed with the silhouette of a dragon. (remember that in Brazil we use as standard the date format dd/mm/yyyy)

juno_polycount_shyvana03.png

The Pleasure Dragon, and this gorgeous Rozalin cosplayer are my inspiration to create the first sketches of the character. I want to put the face of a dragon in a delicate princesses dress.

juno_polycount_shyvana04.png

juno_polycount_shyvana05.png

I was drawing the face that I long for the character, and ended up doing a "horn hair". I believe this is a pretty cool idea, so I decided to incorporate it to the character.

juno_polycount_shyvana06.png

Finally, another sketch I did, to understand the proportion of the character. I tried to draw a cool looking real dragon instead a costume, and the results surprised me. By using dragons as real clothes opens more possibilities for the lore of this character.

juno_polycount_shyvana07.png
  • Lazar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazar polycounter lvl 3
    Cute! I love the mixture of dragon and princess!
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazar wrote: »
    Cute! I love the mixture of dragon and princess!

Thank you!! I hope it works ^__^
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's more progress: I made ​​her lips, and put it all together in one spritesheet with her ​​hair and eye(s). And a print of how it looks like so far (I'm using blender).

junocecil_polycount_shyvana08.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried to make a kawaii dragon .. but looked like a mascot of some random football team.

junocecil_polycount_shyvana09-1024x797.png
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Looks like a croc more then a dragon >.<

Don't forget it still need to read as the champion. Shyvana wouldn't be a kawaii moe moe princess, she would probably be a badass princess with a torn dress to allow her battle. Remember that she attacks with fire, a huge frilly dress would burn immediately. Pretty sure she wouldn't wear a corpse of her own race on her head so make sure it doesn't read as a real dragon head. I would work more on the concept before you start modelling too much, why a princess ? if she's a princess why would she ruined her princess look with a mascot helmet on her hair ? She would probably rather prefer having a tiara with dragon's horn .

Hope this help :)
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow wrote: »
    Looks like a croc more then a dragon >.<

Don't forget it still need to read as the champion. Shyvana wouldn't be a kawaii moe moe princess, she would probably be a badass princess with a torn dress to allow her battle. Remember that she attacks with fire, a huge frilly dress would burn immediately. Pretty sure she wouldn't wear a corpse of her own race on her head so make sure it doesn't read as a real dragon head. I would work more on the concept before you start modelling too much, why a princess ? if she's a princess why would she ruined her princess look with a mascot helmet on her hair ? She would probably rather prefer having a tiara with dragon's horn .

Hope this help :)

I hear what you said... and here she is ^__^
    More badass.. and still kinda moe moe princess (it's my style after all).

junocecil_polycount_shyvana10-1024x573.png

I imagine her wearing the souls of their ancestors, as a sign of respect. Despite the princess dress made ​​from dragon scales, Shyvana transforms itself into a powerful dragon as a threat crosses her path. It's easy to underestimate a princess, but is it so easy to defeat one?

junocecil_polycount_shyvana11-1024x323.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almost human =3

junocecil_polycount_shyvana12-1024x706.png
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Looking was more nicier ! :D however i don't know if you read the rules carefully since you start doing texture work but, you need to follow riot workflow and do a high poly sculpture to bake on your low poly texture after
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow wrote: »
    Looking was more nicier ! :D however i don't know if you read the rules carefully since you start doing texture work but, you need to follow riot workflow and do a high poly sculpture to bake on your low poly texture after

Yup, I guess you're right.
    I don't use zbrush. All the models I made for games and staff are created this way. This is my kind of "hy-poly", a model without concerns. Only when all the color work is finished, I start the low-poly, using the same model as base and same sprite sheet as well.
    Like you said, I'm pretty sure this is not the workflow they use, so I guess I'm not qualified for this contest at all. =(
    Anyway, I gonna keep working on this model. If it didn't fulfill the requisites, I still can use in one of my indie games. ^__^
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Keep hope alive! They modified the rules to allow for people to only use low poly - as you are doing. So you are not disqualified. :)

I like it so far - the dragon shape looks really good.

Wow! This is GREAT! *__* tnk's for the advise /o/ \o\ \o/
    Soooo.. lets keep up!! =D
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just a quick update: The dragon arm =D It spits fire.. and.. it's a little.. alive.. ..??!!!!

junocecil_polycount_shyvana13-1024x492.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dragons don't have hands!! But that's about to change.

junocecil_polycount_shyvana14-1024x492.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    fit like a glove ^__^

junocecil_polycount_shyvana15.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wow... look at this mess... create sprites using a mouse it's a nightmare. I only share this thing to compare with the final result, when it's ready.

junocecil_polycount_shyvana16-1024x577.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update of the day: texture.

junocecil_polycount_shyvana17-1024x544.png
  • JunoCecil
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update: here's how she will look in-game

junocecil_polycount_shyvana18.png
  • JunoCecil