Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Nidalee - Roller Derby

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
juancaratino polycounter lvl 7

Replies

• juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok,

i don't understand the history of the Champions skins, in case of Nidalee (my character) she is a girl lonely in jungle , dead fathers, and she has , a hunter skin (ok jungle relation), a amazon skin (ok too), snow bunny skin(ok. i think) a faraon skin (mm?), , but then.......bewitching skin and french maid skin?????? what's the history on the skin? i am lose

The time is running so i decide for this, i was thinking in TRON style, but ...no

r6zi9s.jpg

24vplc3.jpg
  • despondentPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    despondentPanda polycounter lvl 3
    Skins are just intended to be fun. They're not considered to be part of the canonical LoL lore, so you get a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily fit in thematically but are still entertaining to see/play :)
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skins are just intended to be fun. They're not considered to be part of the canonical LoL lore, so you get a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily fit in thematically but are still entertaining to see/play :)

THANKs, and what is your opinion about my election? you like it?
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Roller derby Nidalee? I love it!
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • RaFu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Really interesting idea, can't wait to see more :)
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    some 3d sketch for proportions and colors, now do not recognize the face, but I'll put black hair and eyes with fringe as the original concept later

2z5ljde.jpg
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    i would tone down the boobs a bit juan. make it fit the LOL style a little better. i do like the idea tho
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turista wrote: »
    i would tone down the boobs a bit juan. make it fit the LOL style a little better. i do like the idea tho

more Little breast you mean?, my english is so bad, ok ok less breast for next
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a new update, i don't so sure about more booty and breast like the concept, or not

k1ar9i.jpg
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I like the uniqueness of the idea but my main concern would be the recognition of the character. Can you tell its Nidalee? I would try and get more of her original personality into your version...just my 10 cents.
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh wrote: »
    I like the uniqueness of the idea but my main concern would be the recognition of the character. Can you tell its Nidalee? I would try and get more of her original personality into your version...just my 10 cents.
    OMG
    you are
    Satoshi Arakawa - holy ..!!!!!!!!

just my 10 cents??? your 10 KILOS of GOLD...

THANK YOU for taking the time
  • despondentPanda
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    despondentPanda polycounter lvl 3
    Cool! If you have the time, I think it'd be awesome if you did a cat-form version too :D
  • mrnunez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mrnunez polycounter lvl 2
    I love the idea behind it, pretty awesome the ideas you have collect and nice start.

Personally, looks she is pretty strong (calf, abdominals, bobbies)...maybe less strong and more feminine?
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WOW thank you guys for the comment and your time, now trying to reshape the body to more cartoony style, for chubby legs, and less fitness, i dont know trying to find the way

2i21nco.jpg
  • Rnz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rnz polycounter lvl 8
    Turista wrote: »

Pretty much every female character besides Jinx has huge boobs. I agree with your proposal dude but just saying :D It is such a game clich
  • pixelghost
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelghost polycounter lvl 5
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    I think once you incorporate her hair, either dreads or her long flowing ponytail, it will go a long way into bringing out the recognition of her... maybe even double ponytail like in your ref board. Good job so far!
  • DiegoTeran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DiegoTeran polycounter lvl 11
    i say no helmet. takes away from who she is, as in we wont be able to tell dont hide her face
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update of the face, don't know if we use visor or not

2e0sm4j.jpg
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another Update

2n6eolj.jpg
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded polycounter lvl 6
    Did you decide to drop the visor?
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kel-Shaded wrote: »
    Did you decide to drop the visor?

dont know yet , maybe try a very transparent visor, not sure for now, what is your opinion?
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her eye makeup looks intense (for shape, but subdued for colour), though it could be very mellow with a visor over.
    I think i like the pink visor with the white face paint, then you can really pop the eyes with a new darker colour maybe
  • Shanteez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shanteez polycounter lvl 5
    You need a few more passes of detail.... But great base
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Her eye makeup looks intense (for shape, but subdued for colour), though it could be very mellow with a visor over.
    I think i like the pink visor with the white face paint, then you can really pop the eyes with a new darker colour maybe

Graet idea, i forgot complety the withe face LOL, will try thah next, thank
    Shanteez wrote: »
    You need a few more passes of detail.... But great base

yes i know, any any tips , links or tutorial you could give to help me will be appreciated

Many many thanks guys for takinf the time to write here
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    It still doesn't read as nidalee in my eyes, if you show me that in another contest i would think it's a new champion concept not a skin. Maybe adding her a pony tail cool help. (or a cat form on roller blade XD)
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OMG changed changed and ...wait ...CHANGED , every time :poly142:

23h9cms.jpg
  • PhattyEwok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok polycounter lvl 9
    what is she going to change into? She has the ability to change into a tiger/lion as her ultimate move.
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PhattyEwok wrote: »
    what is she going to change into? She has the ability to change into a tiger/lion as her ultimate move.

well...first trying to finish she in low poly / hand paint , then will see...:poly122:
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Oh yeah i like this one way more ! it read way more as nidalee ! :>
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys, and yes is very difficult make her similar to ...all the differents official skin concepts, so i try to show some point in common

30vc275.jpg
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ok, here we go again

hwyih0.jpg
  • Squals
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Squals polycounter lvl 5
    I think a visor with some sort of Hud in it could be really cool. Just an idea haha But it might be too small.

Oh wow I didn't see the 2nd page hahah way past the visor, well gj! looking good.
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Why is her face white ? :< it doesn't read well imo.
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    I have to agree the white face is a tad strange. Have you considered just putting a hole in the helmet for the ponytail to come out of? That seems to be the one overwhelming standard for her...a high ponytail and bangs in the front. Just a thought! I like the changes you are implementing though.
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks you guys, mi FIRST very BIG problem is she is not recognizable

what she make recognizable, a cat beside her? i dont think can make it on time

She has the mark on her face,
    in her legs,
    the diamon in her face,
    the pony tail,
    what more.?
    Squals wrote: »
    I think a visor with some sort of Hud in it could be really cool. Just an idea haha But it might be too small.

Oh wow I didn't see the 2nd page hahah way past the visor, well gj! looking good.
    Thank you Squals, but. like you see, we have a problem , she is not recognizable, not here, not in Lunchcrunch, not in my house, crap :poly141:
    I have to agree the white face is a tad strange. Have you considered just putting a hole in the helmet for the ponytail to come out of? That seems to be the one overwhelming standard for her...a high ponytail and bangs in the front. Just a thought! I like the changes you are implementing though.

A hole in Helmet, it no bad, don't know, i will try the change ok
    Odow wrote: »
    Why is her face white ? :< it doesn't read well imo.

because the style o the Roller derby Babes badass :poly124:, but OK i will try the chage too

Thank you all for taking the time and try to help me, REALLY THANKS
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    exhausted, new body, new face, trying to find the way

21osqjm.jpg
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Kel-Shaded
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought of it more like a street hockey stick
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Hou I think i understand the major problem here. you said "adding a cat" but the thing is.

Nidalee TRANSFORM into a panther, she doesn't like them, she's one herself. A cat on roller blade ? meh it's doable but strange.

The major problem with people creating new skin for champion is that they don't analyze enough. In all the skins a champion have, they are some recurrent thing.

For example nidalee always have naked thing and noticeable knees, she always have tibia high boots, they are never ever shown. She always have a mark on her forehead, not necessary a lozange, but something related to the skin, just like she have those marks on her skin (be carefull must of the old artwork aren't update and don't fit riot standard anymore, you need to look at the ingame model to see the real design. She almost always have some "loincloth" in the front. She always has armguard too but rarely glove. She never ever have such a cleavage, it's always a tubtop like in the 90'.

I think your biggest problem is that, you don't know the game and you starting modeling too fast without taking the time to concept and think about it enough. It will be really really hard to make it her look like nidalee.
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hou I think i understand the major problem here. you said "adding a cat" but the thing is.

Nidalee TRANSFORM into a panther, she doesn't like them, she's one herself. A cat on roller blade ? meh it's doable but strange.

The major problem with people creating new skin for champion is that they don't analyze enough. In all the skins a champion have, they are some recurrent thing.

For example nidalee always have naked thing and noticeable knees, she always have tibia high boots, they are never ever shown. She always have a mark on her forehead, not necessary a lozange, but something related to the skin, just like she have those marks on her skin (be carefull must of the old artwork aren't update and don't fit riot standard anymore bla bla.

three words: Bewitching / Headhunter/ Pharaoh, nothing is consistent with what you say
    Good luck
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    Hey buddy, I think Odow does have a point. I think your version is salvageable though. I think the body markings will help for one. Try to look at her in game model and add a few more elements that are consistent throughout the outfits...don't think about the individual themes but more how they are implemented so that the skin still reads as Nidalee. Keep it up!
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey buddy, I think Odow does have a point. I think your version is salvageable though. I think the body markings will help for one. Try to look at her in game model and add a few more elements that are consistent throughout the outfits...don't think about the individual themes but more how they are implemented so that the skin still reads as Nidalee. Keep it up!

1) edit, maybe you right sometimes my ego blind me, apologies

2) i will put their marks like cammy style of course, like i did in previous versions.

3) "loincloth" that is OK for me

and A cat on rollerblade?
    edit, maybe you right sometimes my ego blind me, apologies
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I thought of it more like a street hockey stick

that is a good idea to, maybe i will try , thank you
  • Odow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Odow polycounter lvl 8
    Wow you're starting the be impolite with people trying to help you instead of just saying "DOESN'T LOOK LIKE NIDALEE LOL", This is the last time i'm spending time trying to help you. so let me point something for you. YOUR ROLLER BLADE, are the main goal of your skin, they are the essence, the base, no one get the skin without the roller blade. In all her skin the most important element is transfer to the cat. For exemple with bewitching, the cat has the witch hat. In your case the cat would need to be on roller blade, or have roller blade somewhere.
    three words: Bewitching / Headhunter/ Pharaoh, nothing is consistent with what you say
    Good luck
    Three Word: I Main Nidalee.

Thos skin are all consistent with what i said, (Except headhunter cleavage and bewitching armguard, in resume they sometime don't put one of her design trademark with a skin) Here's the proof :>

nidaleedesign_by_odow-d83sikd.png
  • juancaratino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow you're starting the be impolite with people trying to help you instead of just saying "DOESN'T LOOK LIKE NIDALEE LOL", This is the last time i'm spending time trying to help you. so let me point something for you. YOUR ROLLER BLADE, are the .....>

edit, maybe you right sometimes my ego blind me, apologies
  • Saindon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey man if you don't want feedback why are you posting this here? She just wanted to help and you act like you're offended. The pointers she gave was on her own free time to HELP your design. Why don't you just take the tips and try to apply them? No one is your enemy here! We are all here to learn from one another.

Anyway, I'm liking the direction of the new concept you just did. Just try to apply the critics the people gave you in the thread and you're on your way to a pretty awesome design!

Keep it up!~~