Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Vlads Cho'gath

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
Chogath is in dire need of some character art, i'll take a crack at him.
Cho%27Gath_Rendu.png

Replies

• vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a blockout on the guy, not wasting any time
    uNjNo3I.jpg

I think i'll switch out some shapes, for instance, i'll try to make his mouth less comical and limbs that are a bit more buff.
  • Golden Yak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Golden Yak polycounter lvl 6
    Good stuff, the terror of the void needs to match the fearsomeness of his new splash. Good luck.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Good stuff, the terror of the void needs to match the fearsomeness of his new splash. Good luck.
    Thanks mate!

I'm trying to find a good balance between the splash art and the ingame model, since it's supposed to look nicely from the ingame camera angle.
    wBmXvUY.jpg

Real small details will have to go, but overall shape changes and grit are being translated.

Ichopped the blockout to bits and are workin on them one by one. Started on the second hardest part, the head. Fixed the comical mouth and added more jaw and some plating on the head, something like the Battlecast skin, which looks close to the splash art silhouette-wise.
    8E8Ilre.jpg
    Not sure how hard on the teeth i should go, again, considering that it's supposed to look nice from the ingame angle. I think this number of teeth is okay. I can buff them up a bit though, to look more menacing.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress! Broke down and blocked out stuff on the rest of the body, going to break down the torso some more to make plates separate too
    5TEwruG.jpg