Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Character Art

[Riot Art Contest] - Black Frost Anivia

Behold my darkest power...laying an egg!

Anivia was the reason why I started playing League in the first place. I will love her always and forever. GO AWAY FROGGEN SHE'S MINE.

Looking forward to working with this awesome skin.

wplgQJ3.jpg

Replies

• Igami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been a while, but I finally got a start on Black Frost Anivia!

Unfortunately, during a long journey through Shurima, her wings and legs melted off, so I currently have buckets of water in the freezer to fix her up.

I decided to approach this one much more mechanically since BF Anivia is made of a lot of parts, and I wanted absolute control over my pieces, so a lot of this is Maya work right now. I started with the head and used it to gauge wing span and body length. Admittedly the tail is much longer than normal, but I might like it that way.

Next priority is to add in the wing ice and legs, then work on refining surfaces.

gWwqsw5.png
  • Bishop313
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishop313 polycounter lvl 9
    Good choise and a nice block out. In addition to the original concept, I think the beak is to short and the shard is in the wrong place. Its more on the beak in front of the eyes.
  • Igami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishop313 wrote: »
    Good choise and a nice block out. In addition to the original concept, I think the beak is to short and the shard is in the wrong place. Its more on the beak in front of the eyes.

Thanks for the input. I agree the beak is a bit short, but I apologize for misleading since I'm actually basing most of my choices on the existing in-game model itself, then adding some fun things afterward.

2VGh3sf.png

However, I can go back in and move around the shards on the head just to see if there's a different placement that might possibly look better.
  • Igami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So I've been out sick for a while which is withering my rate of progress, but at the very least I've managed to get the rest of the crucial parts in.

I'm considering breaking up the body into individual ice shapes like how I did with the wings to make sculpting more streamline, but I'm not 100% certain on that yet. Proportion-wise I'm almost satisfied, but I think the body and legs could use some more pushing around.

606jRh7.png