Home Dota 2

Item Submission Error: User has appeared to remove content...

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Malloy polycounter lvl 6
Hey guys,

I have come up against a wall when trying to submit my first dota 2 workshop item. It's been 24 hours since I started trying and everytime I try to submit to the workshop (all assets are within their requirements, texture resolution/tri counts etc..) and it presents me with an in-app browser page stating an error and that the user has removed this content. I have googled the absolute heck out of this and similar issues crop up in threads from 2013... yet shortly after they all appear to have been fixed. Is this a well known thing and if so.. is there a fail safe way to go about submitting?

P.s I have tried, restarting computer, ending process threads etc... renaming asset files, renaming submission file, endless combinations of attempts to try and get this to submit.

I appreciate any help I can get!

Cheers

Replies

• ChiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello!

I actually had that problem earlier this year. Contacted support several times, and they claimed they could not assist in any way with anything regarding the workshop, workshop tools, or the importer. No help there...

Anyway, almost exactly 3 days after I first got the error, it just went away on its own (presumably) and that was, and remains, the only solution to that problem that I know of.
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Cheers bud, I'll leave it another 48 hours then xD
  • SeeingTriangles
    Hi Malloy, I got this error several times in the past too, and everytime this error happened, my internet connection was really slow, so I guess that the cause of the problem is your internet connection. Just try submitting again and again and eventually the item will be submitted successfully. You might wanna check your internet connection too.
  • danpaz3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    danpaz3d polycounter lvl 7
    Just confirming this.

It is a network related issue. If your Internet connection is not stable enough, the upload might drop and cutoff a little bit. As soon as this happens. the upload will fail.

This is why I only use cable now, always had issues with wireless.
  • ChiZ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    It's not a problem with the network or internet, at least not in my case.
    In my case, it was definitely on Valve's end, because all of my previous submissions disappeared from my list of workshop items in the Dota 2 client, and no amount of uploading or refreshing could fix it.
    I wasn't on wireless, and there was no connection issues or weaknesses at that time. I know interruptions can cause similar issues, though.
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks everyone for the feedback but in my obsessive attempts to get this to work.. I went hardcore or go home with an Ethernet to the router. Still no luck. Alas it is a new day, will give it an attempt and report the results!

Update: Still no such luck,

A quick question, when y'all get to the submission page in application, do you re-navigate to the .Zip or leave it as is after import is complete?

Thanks again for your time!
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Update: 12 hours since last attempt. Still nothing.

Regarding "A quick question, when y'all get to the submission page in application, do you re-navigate to the .Zip or leave it as is after import is complete?"

^ Is this a requirement?

Kind regards all!
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    I just import, it compiles and submit. No need to mess with zip
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Eurgh, hate to say it guys but its been way over 72 hours now :(. Still giving me that delicious error. Anyone managed to tackle this with action?

Kind regards,

Malloy
  • Malloy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Malloy polycounter lvl 6
    Sorry for double post but!..

Success!

For anyone suffering this issue.. my answer was - play my account to beyond level 3. Then it lets you submit your item without a problem (I created a new account for banking reasons).

DK_SotSP_Icon.JPG