Home Quixel Megascans

Some megascans are not tiling?

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Zepic polycounter lvl 11
I'm not sure if this is a known issue, but some of the megascans aren't tiling.

I've just noticed it with the scratched metal megascan... or has it always been like this?

Replies

• teddybergsman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Zepic,

All materials are tiling, however some metals are non base two, making them not repeat correctly for base two projects. No worries though -- all Megascans are getting a big upgrade for 1.5.

- Teddy
  • Botamline
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry I have to hijack this thread because I just registered and I cannot create threads.

I'm very confused, because I see people talking about megascans but I don't see it anywhere, the megascans icon is greyed out for me in Photoshop. Where is Megascans?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Botamline! Megascans has not yet launched but the dev-team is hard at work as we speak, sorry for any confusion!
  • onera
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the info Eric,

I'm also interested in Megascans, I've been waiting so hard for October 15, you know if there's expected release date?

I realize how hard the team is working, and they want to keep the precious details they've earned with hard work, so I don't support forcing the release date, but... still my curiosity is pumping for information? :P So... any news about megascans? I remember reading it was planned immediately after the end of the beta, but... don't know if these plans are still there.
  • jul_lef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    what is the base resolution of the megascans textures 1024 or 2048 ?
  • Eric Ramberg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @onera - The Suite relase version is launching today as the beta ends, all focus will now be shifted over at Megascans, we´re so happy to see that you guys are excited about it and I dare to promise we´re equally excited about showing it to you!

@jul_lef - For the scans included in the Suite the most common resolution is 2048, but Megascans materials in general are 8K (2x2 meter) with some textures going all the way to 16K.
  • jul_lef
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jul_lef polycounter lvl 9
    Thanks .... can't wait to test it I am waiting for that to pull the trigger and buy the suite