Home Marmoset

No Custom Texture Inputs?

So I just started working with Substance Designer, pretty basic and nooby stuff.

I was using a edge wear filter from SD to reveal a shinier metal underneath. Exposed some parameters easily, but now I can't reuse the substance with a different mesh, because of the bitmaps I imported directly into the graph in SD, bitmaps like occlusion, normal and curvature.

The solution was obvious at first, replace the maps I need manually in Toolbag with each new mesh I use, but that doesn't seem to be an option, because I also require a curvature map for this specific edge wear effect.

I decided to replace the bitmaps in my graph with Input Image nodes, however, once I load the substance into Toolbag, these image nodes are not exposed like many of my other parameters, so I cannot load the textures I need.

I tested the substance with substance player and the input image nodes appear normally.

Is it simply imposible at the moment to have exposed texture inputs for my substance using Marmoset Toolbag?

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Unfortunately there is no way to load custom texture nodes into Toolbag from a substance file currently, as far as I know. Right now we read a variety of standard nodes like albedo, normal, roughness, etc.

If you have an additional input that isn't a standard substance node you'll have to export that as a separate texture and load it in manually.
  • Eric Williams
    Offline / Send Message
    Eric Williams polycounter lvl 16
    Argh, that little settings drop down tricked me I assumed that was meant for exposed parameters. Well, it'll be really cool when Toolbag does support it.