Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Mechanoid - Unity Package

ebutler3D
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
ebutler3D polycounter lvl 3
screen01.jpg

Hey,

I am working on a Unity art package and wanted to share my progress so far with you guys to get some feedback and improve the final product.

The asset as you can see is a Mechanoid, I created it in 3D Studio Max then Zbrushed it and used Quixel suite's 'Ddo' and 'Ndo' to texture it using physically based calculations. We are all eagerly awaiting Unity 5's physically based rendering (pbr) capabilities, but until then we have useful tools and plugins such as Shaderforge and Marmoset Skyshop. So I have/will used Shaderforge to achieve the pbr in the package as it is illegal to redistribute Marmoset shaders. :(

The triangle count is 8,811. So manageable for most platforms excluding mobile, which isn't realistic when trying to achieve pbr anyway, so happy days! :)

Here are a couple more shots from Ddo:

screen01.jpg

Attachment not found.

The package will contain:

- Mech model, textures, shaderforge pbr materials
- Full animations
- Full Mechanim (no punn intended) system
- Particle systems, fully scripted into the Mechanim system

Here are some Unity shots, I spent some time making some modular environment pieces, and outputted the maps from Ddo and plugged it into a custom shader for the scene which handles HDR Image Based Lighting quite well.. as you can see in the results!

unity_out01.jpg

unity_out03.jpg

Planning to make this available within the next few weeks, so keep tuned for updates! As always your feedback and queries welcomed.

Thanks,
ebutler3D

Replies