Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Sci Fi Diner Student Project

Hey guys,

I rarely post here but figured what better a time then to start now! These are the final screenshots of a modular environment I created for one of my junior year 3d classes.

I created this in a 2 person team. My teammate and I created 2 individual mod kits/ shared assets to compose two entirely different scenes. I went the sci fi diner route and she more of a sci fi nightclub scene.

I'm looking to take this environment to the next level and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

k6kaT98.jpg

cbbQdPI.jpg

3CHdU2j.jpg

lHN48cN.jpg

Replies

• Anchang-Style
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
    Not really a direct Help, but for this kind of stuff take a look at PogoP's latest thread. His stuff is insane and he is also doing this kind of everyday place meets since fiction. Since this looks a lot like something from Star Wars (Cantina or this Cantina from EP II) or Blade Runner, this might help to get an inspiration for Materials and Models
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2148977#post2148977
    I think you can take the Materials and the Models way further in UE4.
  • RobeOmega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RobeOmega polycounter lvl 10
    Some edits
    iFtCXqn.jpg
    5ygoXDM.jpg
    cMMxxp3.jpg

Increased the contrast and reduced the brightness a bit. I also upped the saturation a bit. I imagined it as one of the more atmospheric Sci-Fi diners I.E slightly dark but with several different coloured bright lights.

I have slightly overdone it
  • BasicallyNormal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BasicallyNormal polycounter lvl 7
    I really like the look of the actual bar, the mood is definitely on the right track. You might want to vary up the lighting, mix some dark areas against the brighter areas. And I would play around with the roughness in your materials, because some of the paneling is reading a little like plastic.

Edit: Still play around with that lighting, having a lot of bright lights makes it confusing to look at. Give the place a focus point or two.