Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Phobia

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ScrotieFlapWack polycounter lvl 5
Hi Guys,

So this is my first post here of my own work. A little nervous but I am eager to get your opinions and advice :)

I recently came up with the idea for a game, myself and 2 friends (Rick and Patrick) wrote up our idea's and formed it into a story that we wanted to make in to a horror game. Since then we have made a small indie team (4 of us to be precise) and we have been working on the idea.

Due to a few learning curves there has been a lot of stop gaps (I have been learning 3D modelling, along with various 3D modelling apps) plus we all have full time jobs. We have started to work on the project and we are also making a demo which will be released for free (hopefully very soon :D) to see what people think of our idea/game.

So I would like to share with you guys the progress we have been making, I have been the only person making the models (along with learning different workflows) so please bare in mind that I am no veteran and I am still learning. I had zero experience for making a game and had no idea what polygons or code or anything was :P

We all decided to take a modular approach for our models, throughout this process I was learning Maya LT, UV mapping and texel density along with UE4 in general and some other stuff like Substance Designer, Material Editor (UE4) etc. It's been a great experience so far!

25tjhgx.png

e8rbwl.png

I will be uploading more shots later today and I will continue to post our progress here :)

We also have a Steam page which you can check out here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=256799045

Just to note the video's are a prototype for the game when it was myself and Rick working on the idea. All models where made by myself and textures were hand painted in 3D - Coat. The game engine we used was Leadwerks Game Engine :)