Pedra01.jpg

Pedra02.jpg

Pedra03.jpg

Pedra04.jpg

Replies

• Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Please post some pictures of your textures also, it will help us give you feedback.

Right now it seems your diffuse texture has no real distinguishable information in it, its just blurry
  • ToRuKMactO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ToRuKMactO polycounter lvl 6
    The blurry is because is just the initial painting,I like to work with this blurry transaction, it just makes more sense to adjustments at 2D

UVPedra.jpg

Pedra_normals.png

Pedra_Spec.png
  • Spiffy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy polycounter lvl 12
    I'd suggest going over you model with a polish brush or Trim Dynamic to give some flat and sharp edges

Everything is pretty blobby at the moment

As for textures, everyone has their own work flow but you'll find that if you sculpt all your details in Zbrush, and leave the painting to Photoshop, your baked maps can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, Cavity maps and Convexity maps baked from Xnormal will help you define the texture a lot more, making edges pop and adding wear and tear where needed with the help of Photoshop.

Also what are the last 2 texture maps?
  • BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    I would take some steps back and build a solid foundation for you to move forward with before trying to make a rock. Everything from the sculpt, to the bakes, to the textures are not working at all. Rocks are hard to sculpt, it takes a lot of practice, but most importantly it takes basic workflow knowledge of zbrush before you can even really start.

This is probably the best zbursh tutorial I have seen for environment art focused people: http://3dmotive.com/series/introduction-to-zbrush.html

Build up your basic knowledge set first, then try to experiment. After that the number one thing I would recommend is digest your reference, always be looking at it as you are sculpting, and really understand how that rock was created. Rocks have history and geological properties that will help you create more realistic results.

Hope that helps! and good luck.
  • ToRuKMactO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spiffy wrote: »
    I'd suggest going over you model with a polish brush or Trim Dynamic to give some flat and sharp edges

Everything is pretty blobby at the moment

As for textures, everyone has their own work flow but you'll find that if you sculpt all your details in Zbrush, and leave the painting to Photoshop, your baked maps can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, Cavity maps and Convexity maps baked from Xnormal will help you define the texture a lot more, making edges pop and adding wear and tear where needed with the help of Photoshop.

Also what are the last 2 texture maps?

I´m studying some maps, but sometimes its not clear what I am suppose to do with them, i even dont know what convexity maps is, i have a project that i am pratcing this kind off worflow, i used bent, AO and Gradient maps to define the color texture.Anyway tank you for your time i will try to update this mesh

These last maps are Normal and Specular maps
  • ToRuKMactO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER wrote: »
    I would take some steps back and build a solid foundation for you to move forward with before trying to make a rock. Everything from the sculpt, to the bakes, to the textures are not working at all. Rocks are hard to sculpt, it takes a lot of practice, but most importantly it takes basic workflow knowledge of zbrush before you can even really start.

This is probably the best zbursh tutorial I have seen for environment art focused people: http://3dmotive.com/series/introduction-to-zbrush.html

Build up your basic knowledge set first, then try to experiment. After that the number one thing I would recommend is digest your reference, always be looking at it as you are sculpting, and really understand how that rock was created. Rocks have history and geological properties that will help you create more realistic results.

Hope that helps! and good luck.

Nice tips friends, I took a look just few times at ZBrush I work at MudBox, I know that flatten and WAX/Sculp brushes does work to create hard edges.Thank you for your time, and if you have some stuffs like that to MudBox i would enjoy!!!!
  • Darkleopard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What style are you going for? Realistic?

The normal map looks really off, how are you generating it? I found a quick example of what a normal map should look like http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-CwEI9lo-ql8/TzeDqnsfxeI/AAAAAAAAAC0/aA_bKmJ3tGw/s1600/normaltest1.png If you arn't getting these kind of colorings its not going to project properly.

Trimsmoothborder, claytubes and crumple are great for creating detail on rocks in Zbrush.

Try having a look at this example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auk3mKdKEwg